Low calorie drinks

Options
Hi everyone im new to myfitness, i have been using the app for a few days and find it a really great way to keep track of my diet. But with an extra long weekend coming up, what are the lowest calorie alcoholic drinks.

Replies

• abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know that too. I know Applebee's has some skinny margaritas and mojitos that are under 100 calories, but not sure what all goes in them.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka with low cal tonic, i try to keep away from wine but it doesn't alway work.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think one of the best ways to go is with lite beer. Michelob Ultra has 95 calories. And Miller Lite has only 96 calories.

A glass of wine varies. 4 oz (I think? Or is is 8?) is your standard glass that is usually poured...white has more calories than red. They vary from around 100-200 calories a piece.

Do a search on the database on what is best for hard liquor. It totally varies. Drink it with soda water or diet anything and that'll be the best bet for that.
  • fancythis
    fancythis Posts: 20
    Options
    rye & diet pepsi!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why stay away from wine? Still 100 calories for a 4 oz glass, and lots of good things in it.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cosmopolitan, mojito's, bloddy mary, rum and diet coke, vodka and diet cranberry juice
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello there, I'm not a drinker, so when I drink its usually one and I'm not that worried about it. My brother in law is a beer drinker and when he was doing atkins he switched to Micolob (sp?) ultra light because it was lower in carbs. Not sure what the calories are but I'm sure you can look it up on here!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can also drink a mojito...ask for no guarapo (the sugar cane juice or simple syrup) and add a packet of splenda. It still has that little bit of sweet and it's delish!
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im new to myfitness, i have been using the app for a few days and find it a really great way to keep track of my diet. But with an extra long weekend coming up, what are the lowest calorie alcoholic drinks.

Skinny Margaritas are my drink of choice right now. It's Tequila and Lime juice and Agave nectar (replaces the sugary mix) Forgo the salt on the rim so you won't retain fluid and you'll be under 100 calories. Most alcohol has a low glycemic index but is high in calories, especially when mixed with other things. Drinking also seems to accompany eating large amounts of carbohydrates! Good luck and have a fun weekend!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers make a nice white wine believe it or not! I tried it out of curiosity, and it was yummy!
  • glynnman
    glynnman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.:smile:
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Per my trainer, the best alcoholic beverage when dieting is.....NONE. Low cal beer is not good because it is full of carbs. Trainer says to me, if you MUST drink, make it clear liquor mixed with diet tonic. So I guess cherry vodka and diet tonic are in my future. My favorite is Southern Comfort and Diet, trainer says better than low cal beer and okay "in moderation". I said "live in my life for one day and then tell me moderation again". LOL
  • summergirlkav23
    Options
    my girlfriends swear by voli vodka. if you're really craving a nice summer cocktail thats low calorie, voli's the way to go!