What weather makes you feel unmotivated?

Options
2»

Replies

• johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Depends on the activity. I run and cycle, but feel very differently about the two and weather. I'm a trail runner and can run in anything except really hard rain, and of course I avoid lightening. Snow is great but ice is too dangerous. And heat and humidity just sap my strength, but I run anyway. I also love cycling, but I'm a fair weather rider. I don't cycle in rain; my bike is an expensive one (for me anyway) and I don't want water getting to any parts that can rust. Plus I don't trust the crazy drivers in the rain. I'm too wimpy to ride in the winter - I can just run when I don't ride. In mid summer I sweat like crazy so I only ride in the morning. The bottom line is I run just about anytime, only avoiding lightening and ice, but I am a fair weather cyclist.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hot weather makes me miserable. I have to stay inside on the treadmill if it gets over 80 degrees. I love running in the cold and when it rains.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Definitely rain!
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I live in Sunny Arizona. You know when you are blow drying your hair and it's just hot air. . . .that's August for us where the pool is bath water and the air is a blow dryer. . . . That's unmotivating because you don't want to leave the 76 degree air conditioned home!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Any weather that resembles a dogs nose... I.E. Cold & Wet!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Summer and bright sunny days,I freaking hate the sun lol

Agreed. Once it starts getting past 75, I won't want to work out at all. Our house doesn't have air conditioning so we're probably gonna buy one.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    when it's freezing outside!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Cloudy and dark in the daytime. Oh and very humid summers.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Gloomy & cold! My joints ache and it hurts to workout!
    (probably because I'm getting old) :tongue:
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cloudy and dark in the daytime. Oh and very humid summers.

this
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Snow and windy
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Texas summer. Once the temperature gets over 100 I'm out. Only thing I'm motivated to do is take a nap 'til fall. :laugh:
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Rain, it makes me want to snuggle! Trying to fight out of being lazy today, so far it's working!
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Rain, it makes me want to snuggle! Trying to fight out of being lazy today, so far it's working!

What she said
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can workout in ANY weather, except humidity. It quickly makes me soo hot and sticky when I workout and makes me want to stop 10 mins in. Ugh :grumble:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Heat, here in SoCal its been miserable. I just can't make myself get out of the house when its 100+.

Inversely, I LOVE the rain. I will run in the rain any day!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hot weather for sure!
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    cold dark winter days - i just want to hibernate and comfort eat!

This!!! I know these days are coming. I'm going to have to come out fighting them off.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When it's super cold and bleak and even MORE so if the roads have ice and/or snow on them -- all I feel motivated to do is cook soup/stew, bake bread/scones, and drink alcohol. Then a nap.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cloudy/warmish fall days. Fall should be bright and cheery, cool and colorful!!! :flowerforyou: