How to measure out homemade soup?

Options
They say, for example, 1 cup = 300 calories.

But how do you measure out that 1 cup? With an actual measuring cup?

1 cup liquid, 1 cup noodles/meat/etc? Or 1 cup combination of it all? Or..?

Replies

• lisaward111
    lisaward111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    One cup with broth and solids.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    homemade soup is usually low cal enough that it doesnt make much of a difference, but just give it a good stir to mix it up and measure a cup of liquid with the solids mixed in.

i have bowls that measure out 3 cups exactly so i often dont have to pre measure
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder on MFP website to weigh/measure all the ingredients (including water), then weigh the total final batch, with one portion equal to 100g. Then I just weigh out whatever I'm eating and add it as a multiple of 100g.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder on MFP website to weigh/measure all the ingredients (including water), then weigh the total final batch, with one portion equal to 100g. Then I just weigh out whatever I'm eating and add it as a multiple of 100g.
    This.

Weigh everything.
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    Yes i did measure out, the bowl i use (just using water) is 2 cups worth. Thanks!
  • MystifiedFluff
    MystifiedFluff Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I plug in the recipe on here and mark 1 serving as a ladle scoop. 3-4 scoops is a typical serving size for me and most batches I make have 8-9 ladles worth, but I always go by my ladle, not cups. Same goes for my chili recipes. If it is a new recipe, I plug the ingredients in and find out how many ladles are in the batch after it is made (and most likely eaten). I don't worry about going over my calorie goal since I haven't gone over once because I ate too much soup.