Hi, I am brand new here!

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Judy, I am 56 & a whopping 232 lbs. I am also 5'8" tall which makes it difficult when people say, "oh, you are so tall you can carry more weight & not look it". I kind of wish that they would say, "oh, you look fat". In my mind I am always seemingly thinner. Anyways, my psychologist showed me this site & it is so much fun to use. I just got back from a trip to Ireland where I actually climbed the 80 steps to the Blarney Stone with a Cane! But I did it and am incredibly proud of myself because 1/2 way up I wanted to quit but I dug down deep & persisted. I got to kiss the stone & now want to embark on a more harrowing adventure, weight loss.

Replies

• kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    welcome!
  • iwanttobeperfect
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I hope you reach the goals you've set for yourself. We're always here for support. :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! Feel free to add me :-)
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome aboard...and yes, this is a great deal of fun. Not only have I lost 10 pounds painlessly, but my blood pressure has already gone from 125/75 to 106/66. And I've become so much more aware of what I eat and how it affects my caloric intake, cholesterol, saturated fat, etc.
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    welcome ! You will love it here. Add me as I friend, We can all use motivation and encouragement
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome! Please add me as a friend if you want
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on climbing the steps and going to Ireland! I hope one of these days I can do something like that. My brother told me about kissing the Blarney Stone. The way he described it, when you do get to the top, some men hold your feet and you lean back over a rail to kiss the stone. I told him I'd be afraid they'd drop me on my head. (Of course, maybe if I lose weight I wouldn't have that problem either!)