building a bigger butt

Options
I'm currently eating at a somewhat deficit and exercising but now i want build a bigger butt...will eating at a surplus not make my whole body bulk up or become bigger? i know u can spot reduce/bulk so where does that leave bulking up just the butt?

Replies

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats, and more squats.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Paging Dr. Doug!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges. Preferably weighted.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges....oh and throw in some dead lifts.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Squats and fried chicken
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Don't forget "weighted" hip thrusts
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i do the exercises but how will eating more affect the rest of my body?
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weighted hip thrusts.. don't be shy on the weight.. the heavier the better (but of course, be safe) and clench that booty while doing it. Weighted squats are also great, again.. with boot clenching.

I'm also a HUGE fan of kickbacks/donkey kicks with cables.

I've transformed my booty, it's higher, perkier, tighter and... well, big.

As far as diet, you NEED to eat. But stick to a healthy limited diet (IIFYM for me). But, before I was doing IIFYM I was eating EXTREMELY low carb and pretty low calorie. Once I upped my carb and calorie intake, my booty transformed. You just want to make sure you're working out your entire body as well.
  • cherriegh
    Options
    I cant lift too heavy coz i had a c-section 4months ago but um pushing but not too hard just enough
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You obviously can't gain just muscle while eating at surplus, there'll always be some fat gain too. Keeping your surplus 'clean' at +250 cals (nothing to do with eating clean) means you should get the optimum muscle gain - what you put on will be roughly half and half muscle and fat. You can stop anytime you're unhappy with your results and cut back fat later.

As well as squats and lunges - have a look at strong curves (Bret contraras), if you haven't already.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    old-spice-guy-head-nod.gif
    in for ladies wanting bigger butts.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    fried chicken

correlation =/= causation
  • Health_Temple
    Options
    karenj_m wrote: »
    karenj_m wrote: »

THIS!!!!
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weighted glute raises/hip thrusts. Squats. Deadlifts. Eat at least 1g protein/1 lb of bodyweight.

Weighted glute raises really made the difference for me though.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    cherriegh wrote: »
    I'm currently eating at a somewhat deficit and exercising but now i want build a bigger butt...will eating at a surplus not make my whole body bulk up or become bigger? i know u can spot reduce/bulk so where does that leave bulking up just the butt?

Actually you can spot bulk if you will. One great thing about lifting, you CAN sculp your body if eating at a surplus.

As previously mentioned bigger butt= hip thrust, deads, & squats with proper form on a progressive free weight routine preferably.

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's so funny that these days women WANT bigger butts when just a few years ago they were all "Does this make my butt look big???"

My recommendation for a bigger butt =
    Squat, squat, drop it like its hot!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    you want a bigger butt? Increase that bodyfat %.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-NXv5Tma0
  • cherriegh
    Options
    Thank you all, i'll ask the trainers at the gym to show me proper form tho i've never seen the hip thrust bench but i'm sure its there :smile: