Looking for friends who are also doing C25k

Options
Hi there! Tomorrow I am going to be starting W3D1 of the C25k! So far it has not been super easy as I have pretty severe asthma and am pretty overweight, but I am getting there! I am looking for friends who are also doing this program or who are similar stats. Looking for people who are motivated and definitely people who are willing to engage in discussions and be friendly!

Replies

• Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The C25k is a great way to start running! :) I completed it before then did the bridge to 10k and in June ran my first half marathon! I'm a fairly slow runner but I enjoy it. I also have asthma but mine is pretty well controlled. Running can be a great weight loss booster and is a great way to feel strong and happy! :)
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Hi! Ive got the C210K but have been using it with my training to 5K, Im guessing its the same? Just completed my first 5K thanks to the app but going to be using it to re-train for another 5K in the New Year
    Feel free to add me!
  • patches1975
    patches1975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am doing it as well.. Only problem is I am stuck on week 3, I have done it over 3 times now. Don't know why I can't move on. It must be what I am eating. I am trying to figure it out
  • meg091380
    Options
    Just did W4D1 yesterday. Please feel free to add me. Would definitely like to motivate and be motivated!!
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just did W3D2 last night. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • godswill206
    Options
    I'm starting week 4. Add me if you like.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am on W4D3. I am also doing C210K, but the first weeks are the same. I am running my first 5K on Thanksgiving Day and my first half May 2015. All runners are free to add me! I am not very good at running right now, but I love it!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am doing it as well.. Only problem is I am stuck on week 3, I have done it over 3 times now. Don't know why I can't move on. It must be what I am eating. I am trying to figure it out

You probably need to slow down. You should be able to hold a conversation while you are running.

There is a C25k group: c25k

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am starting week3 today. Anybody feel free to add me.
  • kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 6. I still don't "enjoy" running, but I do enjoy the weight loss I'm seeing. Feel free to add me! :)
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5D1 on my lunch break. It's been rough every week, as I'm a lumbering fat guy, but I've made it so far. My goal is to run the entire length of the Luminate 5K in Atlanta on November 8th. Good luck all, you can do it! Feel free to add me if you want to compare notes. I try to post after each day's run.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I start week 2 tomorrow! Feel free to add me :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't the same exact C25K program, but I am on an interval program to take me to 10k, basically the same thing, only longer. Add me if you'd like. I love lacing up my running shoes! Well, not lace exactly since mine are those nifty bungee laced on clouds.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'll do week5 day2 on c25k program tomorrow if anyone add to add me.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting week 5 this week I love this app! Great job to everyone that is taking on the challenge!!
  • carmenFL1560
    carmenFL1560 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished W1D3 but I think I should repeat at least one day from W1. Please add me to keep motivating each other. I think I am way too slow and when I tried to be faster (W1D3) i was near exhaustion. :(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished W1D3 but I think I should repeat at least one day from W1. Please add me to keep motivating each other. I think I am way too slow and when I tried to be faster (W1D3) i was near exhaustion. :(

You probably are not way too slow. You should be able to talk while you are running. If you can't you need to slow down. This program will have you running 30 minutes straight when you finish it. You can work on speed later!

There's a c25k group with great support and suggestions: Couch to 5k