My motivation picture

Options
A few months ago a friend took a picture of us before I moved away to Louisiana. She is on the left side, I'm on right with my new blonde hair. I'm super embarrassed. My friend has been on a weight loss fitness journey for quite awhile now. She is truly inspirational. But this pic is really inspirational for me. I want to live life to the fullest like she does. I'm 11 lbs down and I plan that by the time she gets married and I travel to California or Wisconsin or where ever she has it, we can retake this picture and I won't be disappointed in myself

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    good for you. maybe print it out wallet size and have it laminated to carry around.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do one better, lol. My phone is in my wallet, so I have it as a background pic. :D
  • pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Why be embarrassed? You're here, aintcha?
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is awesome that you are motivated. I can appreciate it. It is the same reason my profile pic is me when I started, at my heaviest. I did it for the motivation and to keep it real.

You will do great with your program. I wish you the best of luck!
  • hararayne
    Options
    Thanks!
    @pirate_john_75 Yeah, I'm here! And I
    m going to hit my goals!
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    see you in 6 months - looking forward to reading about your successes
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    see you in 6 months - looking forward to reading about your successes

Exactly what TFaustino67 said. Just keep going, one day at a time, and before you know it you will see the progress you desire. And please do post that re-take of the photo when it happens so we can congratulate you! Good luck!!!!!!

• awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself motivated. It will be very hard and sometimes you need a little more to stay motivated and that is what we are here for!! You can do this for yourself!!
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track now. From what I've read on this site, all you really need to do is stick with it. It's hard to not get discouraged, but the best motivation I can imagine is looking at the success stories here at MFP. Thinking about the before/after picture you will have someday sounds like a great way to keep you going. Keep it up.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey and I hope you can reach it. :) It's great that you found inspiration.
  • hararayne
    Options
    I will definitely post my whole story and the New pic in the future! Thanks for the encouragement everyone!