Hi everyone, I am new to this site.

Options
amymrls
amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. Hopefully I will meet some new friends with similaer goals. I had bariatric surgery in August of 2010. My doctor recommended it for me for health reasons. I was starting to get type 2 diabetes and had high blood pressure. Since then I have lost 110 lbs. I am no longer at risk for diabetes or high blood pressure. I am now working on being more physically fit and would like to loose 30 more lbs toward my original weight goal of 175lbs. Hopefully I will meet other motivational people on here to keep me company on my weight-loss journey.

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    welcome! good luck on reaching your goals! I have also lost over 100 lbs... using ww. I switched to this site not long ago and LOVE it! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    So happy to see you here, MRs. Cousin! I L-O-V-E LOVE this site! I think you will, too!

BTW, I am shocked! You look phenomenal!
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hi GL on your goals
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site with great tools and even better ppl.
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on all the success you've already had. I too joined b/c my last few blood sugars were borderline and I've been on blood pressure meds since I was a teenager. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me to your friends list for support!
  • borealistx
    borealistx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope you find this site as motivating as I do! Not only does it keep me exercising, but I've started looking for healthier foods to eat. I was eating one brand of bread that was 70 calories per slice, and by checking labels, I found a bread that's 90 calories for 2 slices. So I save 50 calories and eat the same meal. That's one of the many things I enjoy about MFP.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had the surgery a few years ago and am now 25+ pounds below my original goal. Congratulatons on your success and I know you'll do great!
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Sister! Aren't you glad I suggested it? mwahahahaha
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This site looks great! I am pretty sure I will love it too. Thanks Jodi, I do feel a ton better.:smile:
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    wow! good for you, keep going and good luck! feel free to add me!