First Major Hurdle Cleared!

Options
Hello,
I've been here for about a week and I got thrown my first curve ball today. I've been eating clean all week with the help of my lovely wife. She makes sure dinner is ready for me when I get home from the gym... she's the best.
However she called me today to let me know that her and the kids were going out to dinner with grandma and that I'd be on my own for dinner. Well being the little baby I am I instantly had it in my mind that I couldn't go home and cook for myself, The prep time would push it past a 8:30 dinner, too late so I was headed to KFC For some fried chicken and mashed taters.
I even brought it up on the MFP food counter to see what the damage was going to be.
Holy $#!+ that is no longer an option. Long story short I took a deep breath, slowed down a little bit, finished my work out, came home and made me a tuna fish sandwich! Disaster averted! That was a close one.
I know they're not all going to be that easy. Please add me as a friend as I'm going to need some support along the way.
My next challenge is tomorrow when the company buys Pizza for all the employees!
I swear sometimes it seems like everybody is out to sabotage me!
Help I could use some friends.
Thanks

Replies

• deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whenever there's unhealthy stuff at my work (which, unfortunately, happens more often than I'd like) I tell myself I'm allowed ONE small piece of something. You know- 1/2 a piece of pizza, a sliver of pie, etc. Or if I'm feeling particularly virtuous, I pop a piece of sugar-free gum instead. It makes my mouth taste like mint, which would make something like pizza taste way worse, and I'm chewing on something which helps distract me from the pizza.

And if you pack your own lunches to work (something I would definitely recommend, as that way you know exactly what is in them) you can eat it a bit earlier, so you're not suckered into eating communal stuff because you're so hungry. Plus that way, if your coworkers razz you about it, you can just say you've already eaten!