Road Trip Snacks!

Options
Hey Friends!

My roommate & I are heading to Washington, DC this weekend for a wedding. It's a 7 hour drive and I'm looking for healthy snacking ideas to pack for the trip!

We normally take Cheez-Its & Licorce .. but that was the "old" me, and it's time to research snacky foods for the "new" me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Replies

• care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    Walmart/Great Value honey wheat twist pretzels...or any pretzels for that matter.
  • mcboyd1983
    Options
    Just went on a roat trip this past weekend for Easter and packed the following: sliced raw radishes, sliced green peppers, cherub tomatoes and hummus (only allowed 2 tbsps worth to dip with though and ate the rest raw). I also had a tuberware full of red grapes for when I had a sweet tooth as well as some strawberries (remember to wash so they are ready to eat).
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My favorite road trip snack is Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds....heavenly, plus they give me the feeling like I'm having dessert. I usually package them myself, 15 per snack bag or you can buy the 100 cal packs already done for you! Have a safe trip! :flowerforyou:
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    grapes or blueberries... so it's snacky, you're reaching for it all the time, BUT it's healthy and yummy. grapes won't leave any stains (though blueberries might).
  • LoraLuck
    LoraLuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always get a pack of sunflower seeds still in the shell and an ice tea for road trips. It's never let me down~

Try to go with protein, something that sits a little in your stomach for a while. Carbs get digested too quickly and we all know it is way too easy to down an entire bag of pretzels when they are in arms reach for 7 hours!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Take some fruit with you, apples and bananas are easy to eat and pack. Maybe a bag of grapes or blueberries.
    I also like making my own trail mix, make a couple of ziplock bags with some walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, dried fruit, dark chocolate chips and have one a day.
    larabars are great go-to snacks and they are all natural (only about 3 ingredients! =))
    Have fun on your road trip!
  • perripage
    perripage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    String cheese, fruit, almonds, those Special K peanut butter meal bars (omg, they're my new candy bar but I get to eat them for lunch), beef jerky, rice cakes, hummus, baby carrots... and I suck on a peppermint when I'm hungry and I'm trying to hold off till dinner. :)
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Redbull or Monster Energy (no sugar one)! That and a string cheese are my fave road food :)