Shredding for the wedding?????

Options
Less than a year until the wedding and looking for friends who are also shredding for the wedding :smile:

What are some of your goals?? Would love to motivate each other!

Replies

• mandakittykitty
    mandakittykitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Funny I posted a thread with almost the same title earlier today! I am also looking for friends who want to help each other stay motivated for the wedding, or whatever else their goals are.

I want to thin out in the middle and shrink/tone my arms. AKA I need to lose weight and exercise :P I have added an arm routine into my usual cardio workouts to help get the toning started at least!
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey! Bride-to-be here and I'm also losing weight in time for the wedding but more importantly in time to start trying on dresses this Spring. At first this started out as a weight loss for the wedding, but I realize I should have done this soooo long ago!

Anyhow my wedding is in 2016 and I have 20-30lbs to go. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other! That goes for all you bride-to-be's that may be reading this, I love having friends with similar goals.

We're gonna look awesome in our wedding dresses! :#
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Woo woo you bet we are!!! No more flabby arms or back fat for us.. just sexy brides!
  • namstanton
    Options
    Decided today to start working really hard towards having I body im proud of.
    Im getting married next summer, I dont want to lose weight specifically for that but either way it would be nice!
    Good luck to all the lucky ladies out there!!! xxx
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm only a bridesmaid, but I don't want the be the chunky one! We're doing slinky, spaghetti strap dresses, too! So I'm going to need some arms, shoulders, and back!
  • Amalia_Amore
    Options
    I'M IN!! My wedding is next October. My wonderful fiancée got a friend of ours to take photos while he proposed. I had the opportunity to see them today, not even gunna lie, I bawled my face off! How could I let myself get like this? I have a year, to look the way I want because I don't want to look like this again!
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm getting married in eight months. I have no specific number goals. I just want to keep lifting, improving my body composition, and feeling good about what my body can do.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Here is a better idea, how about instead of Shreadding for the Wedding, you do some shredding for YOU!
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Im in!
    Not getting married till 2016 but have a way to go
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope that all this effort to lose weight and get in shape is a lot more important to you than what ends up to be a 25 minute ceremony out of one day in your life.
  • h_seaward
    Options
    Hey girls, you have ages to go! Im getting married in 11 weeks so the major wedding/ honeymoon shred is on! I told myself I would start at 6 months, then 5, then 4 and now I finally hope to get my act together! Im finding it hard though, I can be strict for 2/3 weeks and then something takes over and I eat everything in sight!

Good luck to you all, you have a long time to get there but its better than adding the stress closer to the time! Little steps and you will get there!! xxx
  • ashleylchasteen
    ashleylchasteen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Of course shredding for the wedding is a short-term goal but I'm definitely wanting to maintain a healthy lifestyle in the long-term for myself and my future family. I have about fifteen pounds to go but what I'm really looking to do is tone my midsection and arms. If anyone has similar goals and is looking for motivation or a diary buddy feel free to add me!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hoping to finally get married in Fall 2016...it always seems like we get close to setting an official date and then something comes up and we can't make it happen. Honestly, because of my weight, I've been relieved when we've had to hold off. I'm not photogenic anyways and having fullbody pictures taken that are likely to be shared over and over again is not my idea of fun. Fall 2016 is pretty far out, but I have a lot of weight to lose.

I bought a cheap white dress from Macy's a few months ago and hung it up on the back of my bedroom door, looking in to the living room to help remind me to get up off the couch and go exercise.

It's not just about looking good in wedding dress, but what it represents...the fact that I have another person in my life counting on me, wanting to spend as much of my life with that person as possible, being a role model for future children, etc.
  • BadassBride
    BadassBride Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    <--- My wedding is 10 months away! Looking to lose 40 lbs. (back to my "first date" weight). Just started MFP and loving it so far.

Good luck, ladies!!

74813511.png
  • TanyaMarlee
    TanyaMarlee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in October 2015 and my goal is to lost 65 lbs! I'm so in!
  • liakeane
    liakeane Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm getting married in May 2015 and I'm hoping to get back to 120, which is what I weighed before my fiance and I started dating.

Also, I'll be honest:
    hearthwood wrote: »
    I certainly hope that all this effort to lose weight and get in shape is a lot more important to you than what ends up to be a 25 minute ceremony out of one day in your life.

Looking good at my wedding is my main priority at this time of my life. Different goals for different people - at least I'm making steps in the right direction. Sure, I'd like to maintain in the long run, but my wedding is what matters to me right now.
  • Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I didn't start out losing for the wedding, but am getting married in May next year, as well, and motivated as hell to reach my goal weight by then. Spending enough on pictures that I don't want to look at them for the rest of my life and think "well, I *could* have gotten there by then, but I didn't" :) Anyone feel free to add me!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Weddings..........overrated. Holidays are 100 times more satisfying.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Shredding for three weddings I am in next summer and fall, hope that still counts!
  • alee145
    alee145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Getting married in May! I'm in!