i'm back

Options
owinoc
owinoc Posts: 14 Member
well the last time i logged in here was about a year ago. i have now gained 20 lbs more since then. i went to the doctor yesterday and he said exercise is not the way to lose weight, it can only be achieved by limiting what you put in your mouth. he prescribed phentermine 37.5...i guess that will help giving me a jump start.

so if you find yourself in the same boat i am in or have been there and can give me any tips or encouragement i would welcome new friends, since the few i had before don't look very active.

Replies

• dorje77
    dorje77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    owinoc wrote: »
    i went to the doctor yesterday and he said exercise is not the way to lose weight

I disagree... Off course: if you train but your calories intake is always greater than your consumption, you cannot lose weight. But loosing weight only by lowing the calories intake is not a good idea. Training preserves your muscle mass. The objective should be to loose fat mass, not to loose weight (in general). :)
  • biscuitsandbutter
    Options
    Same here.
  • staceymarie1971
    Options
    I believe it is All about balance....this rings true in every area of our lives. I've been up and down the damn scale so many times and I understand how you feel. I am telling myself, it's not about "super model skinny", it's all about health and just feeling Great. Add me if you want, we could all use the support. Good luck to ya and welcome back!! :D
  • owinoc
    Options
    yes, i agree with all of you! that is why i am back here. ty for your replies!
  • korkyrn
    korkyrn Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm sorry but I am a nurse and this doctor is a crack head by saying exercise does not help with weight loss. The whole idea of losing weight is to gain muscle mass while losing fat. Before you put that pill in your mouth you best read about the many side effects that it has. This is a form of fen-fen that can be very dangerous to take. You may lose weight but end up with other medical problems such as heart, kidney etc that are not reversible.
  • owinoc
    Options
    thank you korkyrn! originally i thought i would take it for one month, just to curve my appetite, to train my eating habits.....but i will re-evaluate on a weekly basis now. and yes i know this doctor is a crack head, he told me to eat 800 calories a day. that is why i decided to log back into here. i like to eat and know i need exercise to balance everything out.