Green smoothies

Options
Hey everyone! trying to get more green smoothies in my diet would love to see different recipes

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Cup of water, cup of green grapes, a bunch of flat leaf parsley, ice... nice refreshing detox....
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I've been adding plain Greek yogurt and frozen fruit to all my smoothies, even green ones. It kicks up the protein numbers nicely.
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    1.5 cups of water, 2-3 cups of spinach, 1 cup of pineapple, 1 small apple, juice of 1 or 2 lemons, heaping tablespoon of ground flaxseed. I'll sometimes add extra spinach or some romaine if I need extra greens that day, I usually drink half for breakfast and refrigerate the other half for the next day.
  • amelie2651
    amelie2651 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie for breakfast almost every day. I generally use a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a generous splash of coconut water, an avocado and several big handfuls of raw greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc.). I add whatever fruit I have on hand ... yesterday half a banana, today a pear. So yummy.
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just started having smoothies for breakfast this week. Today was day 3. I've started out with the easier to palate fruits and yogurt mixes. I do have a green smoothie recipe I am going to try out later this week when I've gotten used to the texture - which sort of bothers me. It has spinach as the green.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I try to mix up my smoothies but I always seem to come back to my all time favorite. It's super delicious and very filling!

2-3 cups spinach or kale (I try to mix it up)
    1 cup strawberries
    3/4 cup blueberries
    1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in water for a few minutes)
    1.5 cups almond milk
    Sweetener to taste
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup frozen berries
    1/2 cup milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 celery stalks
    1/4 cucumber
    1-2 cups spinach

Gross colour but the fruit and vanilla flavours outweigh the veggies! I sometimes add Greek yogurt, too.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My favorite is OJ 0.5cup, Coconut milk 0.5 cup, baby spinach 1 cup, baby carrots 5, banana 1/2, apple 1/2, flax seed 1 tbsp, hemp hearts 3 tbsp, Vitamineral green powder 1 tbsp. I add a little water to make it a little less thick.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My favorite is: 3/4 cup liquid(I rotate between green tea, water and coconut water); about 128 g each of baby spinach and romaine; 1 apple, 35 g of frozen strawberries or blueberries, 100g cucumber, juice from a couple of lemon wedges and a tablespoon of chia seeds.
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yum all of these sound so good
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    THE BEST if you're looking for refreshing but also kinda low-cal:
    A handful of spinach, half a green apple, a chunk of fresh ginger, a squirt of lime juice, a tablespoon or so of flavored protein powder, and water. Mmm it's so good.
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    has anyone noticed a difference after drinking these for breakfast? I always wake up so hungry and usually have a piece of whole wheat toast and 2 over easy eggs. green smoothies sound wonderful I just always wake up and feel like I need more for breakfast
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I make mine I usually take it to work and drink it when I get there, I've already had my breakfast. There is no way a green smoothie, at least the way I like them, is going to fill me up. It's more of a way to get some fiber and vegetables into my day.
    And it helps move things along better!
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I found when I drink green smoothies, it reduces my cravings for sugar later in the day. It keeps me satisfied for about 3-4 hours. I always add a banana to my green smoothies and it makes it much more palatable. The other day, I made a green smoothie for my kids and they loved it, of course they had orange juice in it. Recipe: 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1.5 cups of greens, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 cup of non fat greek vanilla yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon. The kids loved it!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do 3c of spinach, 140g of frozen fruit (normally a combo of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries), 1/3c trop50 orange juice, 1/3c of minute maid just 15 lemonade, 1/3c water, and whatever supplements I want to add, like protein powder, etc.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a smoothie but I'm into juices lately before breakfast.

2cups spinach
    1 red grapefruit
    1/2 lemon
    1/4 big cucumber
    1 thumb size piece ginger
    1 carrot.

-- very very tasty. Sometimes I add kale too if I have any left :smiley:
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get the Green Smoothie Detox Book. Their recipes are awesome!