What a strange food day... has this happened to anyone else?

Options
I normally don't crave sweets, and I've been doing well keeping within my MFP calorie limits without breaking much of a sweat so far. I really like the healthy stuff I've been eating. But today, when I know I have a birthday party to go to after work, I've been wanting to blow my calorie goals completely out of the water and I haven't been able to stop thinking about sugary stuff all day, which is REALLY not like me at all. So far I haven't made the mistake of actually acting on my impulses, but I've come dangerously close to getting a candy bar at the snack bar several times... trying to convince myself that it won't hurt anything since I'm probably going over today anyway, so what's another 200 calories? When what I SHOULD be thinking is "try to cut back a little on meals today so you can cover the cake and ice cream with a little extra exercise". I'm glad I don't get invited to many parties, if this is where my brain is going to go every time I get invited to one!

Replies

• Tyesands42
    Options
    yep! thats me too!
    the 'i'm already over so what the hell' thought process. this pretty much describes my July through September! back on track now, though, and realized while reading your post that i'm concerned about what i'm going to eat on friday during the company bowling event with free pizza and chicken wings. i'm prepared to leave it all alone, but i know i could just as easily gobble up about 4000 calories, too!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Free pizza? Wow, that WILL be a tough night! Good luck.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP, I've been a lot more aware. I'd probably try to have small fiber high meals and save those calories for the party!

You do what you can. And some days it works and others it doesn't. And going over one day is okay. You can't beat yourself up over it.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal and there's nothing wrong with indulging every so often so long as you get right back on the wagon. If I didn't indulge myself I would go nuts.