How to incorporate flax seeds, chia seeds into your diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• kikstand
    kikstand Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a bag of Raw Organics cold milled flax/chia to replace my fish oil.
    I was simply going to add two tsp into my protein smoothie, but thought I'd see what mfp folk were doing with it. Thanks for all the ideas and the op for saving me time asking.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use chia seeds and ground flax alllll the time. Sometimes I use both in a recipe. Basically if it's wet, one of those will go in. If I am making a smoothie, both go in. Eggs? Flax. Cottage cheese? Chia. Pasta sauce? Both. Beans? Flax. Yogurt? Chia. It's super easy for me to add them in. I have teaspoons and tablespoons in there ready to go. However I will say that I don't let the chia "gel". Not really how I like it, anyway.
  • Amoreislove
    Amoreislove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's quite easy actually! I've never tried it in my smoothie but I just add my seed mix to Greek yogurt with one teaspoon of cinnamon...LOVE IT!
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just throw a nice tablespoon or two onto my cereal. I don't even really notice them anymore. Sometimes, if I still want my chia, I will mix a tablespoon into my chobani, maybe throw in a little granola and make a parfait of it. Or I just bought these new Kashi bars that have chia seeds baked right in. I've also been toying with the idea of throwing them into my two ingredient pancakes and seeing how it turns out.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    katieca123 wrote: »
    Many of you have probably heard of the health benefits that flax and chia seeds have, so I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good ideas as to how to incorporate them into your diet? So far, I've been mixing them in with my oatmeal and with waffle mix.

My mom hides flax seeds in everything.
    No food can be trusted.

Haha, but really. Chia and flax can easily be hidden in smoothies. My mom uses flax in bread and cookies now as well. They're pretty versatile and easy to hide!

• erinb419
    Options
    Mix them into you yogurt
  • NoriDupuis
    NoriDupuis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    katieca123 wrote: »
    Many of you have probably heard of the health benefits that flax and chia seeds have, so I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good ideas as to how to incorporate them into your diet? So far, I've been mixing them in with my oatmeal and with waffle mix.

I usally add them to my shakes (ether more dont want to many seeds in them), is you grind them not only is it better for you but easer to eat. also if I am going to make something like banana bread I add them... a lot of them

• LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im in the uk, and out asda stores stock seeded pitta breads, which are made with mainly oatmeal and flaxmeal, so most likely walmart will have something similar too. there are some good recipes for flaxmeal bread too on the internet, might be something to look up. :)