Water and Peeing!! :)

Options
I drink a lot of water all day, actually that is all I drink. I definatley hit the requirment of 8 glasses per day. Is it normal to have to go pee often?? I feel like I did when I was pregnant and had a full term baby sitting on my blatter. is it always going to be this way?

Replies

• KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing. I have to pee ALL the time
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yup! Flush out those toxins!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think its pretty normal. I end up running to the bathroom way more than I used to before I started this journey. The only thing I try to do is to limit my intake in the evening so I am not getting up all night to go potty.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I get up to pee now like I'm 80 years old. lol
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Yep! At least every couple of hours. The more you intake the more you have to let out!
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes its normal. Your body will keep excatly what it needs to fuction, as we are 2 thirds water and then look to excrete the rest. This is done through peeing, but whie you exercising this will be done via sweating. Dont panic. But if you are drinking all the time, and constantly thirsty that may be something else.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    All I know is I'm going to have to walk around with a porta-potty strapped around my waist because all this water drinking is making me constantly have to go..... which is a problem when I'm out in the middle of nowhere on one of my walks!
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Yes, I'm making a lot of trips to tinkle.
  • heathershockley
    Options
    I have read that your body eventually gets used to the water intake. I'm not using the restroom nearly as much as I was at the beginning of starting MFP but I still go more than most people at my school.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a good thing. Actually, a good rule of thumb is if you don't always feel like peeing, you aren't drinking enough water.
  • MizElzy
    MizElzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started my diet and am drinking nothing but water all day long. I hate water but i am drinking it to help. I am using the restroom every 10 minutes. Or it seems like that. My mom said my body will eventually get use to it and will adjust.
  • TrishaAvina
    Options
    I'm rarely thirsty so that is not the case, I'm just staying very hydrated i suppose, glad to know i'm not the only one!!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yes.. your body get's rid of excess amounts of fluid naturally.. if you consume more than needed at any given time then naturally your body will eliminate it (pee)BUT this is the diuretic effect!! When you drink too little water your body will retain what ever fluid you have in your body to function properly thus water weight gain/kept... SO the more you drink, the less your body will need to retain, thus you pee!! This seems to make your weight slightly more accurate.. you will tend not to fluctuate within a 5lbs range from morning to evening.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've always had to pee a lot. Small bladder I guess & I drink a ton of water. Always have. When my sister was full-term I still peed more than her lol
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yup! Flush out those toxins!

Exactly! If you didn't pee, you should be worried! LOL :laugh:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Yep! At least every couple of hours. The more you intake the more you have to let out!

Every couple of hours???? I pee 10 times PER hour!
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Definitely normal. And I welcome it! It just means I can take in some more water and keep my body functions movin along!
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm peeing all the time too! What I've read on it says, the more water you take in, the better your kidney's function, thus letting your liver do it's job properly (not having to pick up the slack for your kidneys) and then your liver can properly flush out the fat from your ever slimming body!!!! So peeing seems like less of an issue when you think of it this way. And believe me, I hate peeing...but I'm dealing with it!! haha