Cambridge Weight Plan Question

Options
Hi,

I have a question to anyone who has done this diet/follows this diet - I'm looking at the 1200 calorie a day diet to do for a few weeks as a kick starter. But do you think it's worth the money, or is it only really worth it at the earlier stages when you're relying on the shakes for your 'sole source'? In the later stages they seem to be more like snacks.

Thanks!
Caity

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat 1200 calories of delicious food?
  • Transformer711
    Options
    I am on sole source plus and I have found I have great losses whilst still eating. It depends on how fast you wish to lose weight. You will still lose weight on 1200 plan, but it will be at a more steady pace. I think the diet is great. You will achieve fantastic losses and, unlike what people say, you CAN and WILL keep it off. :)
  • caimay149
    caimay149 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks Transformer! I think I will give it a while, because I'm doing okay at 1750 calories (av. over the week), but if it slows down and a week at TDEE doesn't help, then I'll trying for a couple of weeks, see if I can shock my body into dropping a few!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1750 and losing why would you want to drop to 1200? Save your money and stick with it. More food FTW :mrgreen: Weight loss is not a race.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My boss did this and lost 84lbs in less than 6 months.

She's been really ragey, her skin has broken out and her jowls are starting to sag (she's only 38). She also came off the diet for 6 days for vacation and put on nearly 11lbs.

How about the old fashioned way? It seems like an expensive way to be miserable.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1750 and losing why would you want to drop to 1200? Save your money and stick with it. More food FTW :mrgreen: Weight loss is not a race.
    +1
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Eat food responsibly, exercise, save your money.

There's no need for a "kickstart". That's a useless buzz word marketers use to delude you into thinking that you're somehow unable to start making changes today, right where you are. That you need outside assistance because you "can't" do it without them.

This is bunk. You're more than capable.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    +1
    +2

If it's not broke don't fix it.
    You'll be better off eating the foods you like/love and keeping them within your calorie goal. Bonus- you lose weight while doing so.
  • caimay149
    Options
    Eat food responsibly, exercise, save your money.

There's no need for a "kickstart". That's a useless buzz word marketers use to delude you into thinking that you're somehow unable to start making changes today, right where you are. That you need outside assistance because you "can't" do it without them.

This is bunk. You're more than capable.

I kind of knew this thread would turn into why I shouldn't do it, and so I was reluctant to post it. I wanted to hear people's specific experiences of being on the Cambridge Weight Plan.

To me, there is most definitely such thing as a "kickstart". It means experiencing good results in a shorter amount of time, to help with motivation (not to mention some purely weight-related problems I'm having). I believe at least one study has shown that losing weight faster is actually beneficial for someone who is obese for the above two reasons.

In any case, I'm going to lower my calories by 100 a day and see if that helps at all. So close to moving from 'obese' to 'overweight'...and I'd really like to be there before I go on a 3 day dance training camp in 3 weeks. 6lbs to go.

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the Cambridge Weight Plan, what is it?
  • 3wdl
    3wdl Posts: 45
    Options
    Can't really help on this topic but I am on Lighter Life and lost 36lb in 5 weeks. Works really well but we'll see if that is the case when it comes to management and keeping it off. Have 8-9st to lose.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Cambridge, like the college? Is this the one where you can only eat stuff that has been sitting in the dayroom for 24hrs?
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cambridge, like the college? Is this the one where you can only eat stuff that has been sitting in the dayroom for 24hrs?

I was thinking more like 1,200 calories of beer a day type diet. :wink:
  • caimay149
    Options

I was thinking more like 1,200 calories of beer a day type diet. :wink:

Haha, if only.

From what I recall, it was 'created' buy a Cambridge University Professor.