BOOZE

Options
CAN YOU SAVE A FEW CALORIES A DAY IF YOUR GOING OUT AT WEEKEND - WOULD I STILL LOSE

Replies

• AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I think that would work IF you were skimping on the cals for that day, but not from the whole week (I could be wrong, but that's just me). Also, try asking the bartender for a light cocktail.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Possibly, but it ould be slow. But whats the point. Ypou work hard all week and then blow it on the weekend then start again. If your serious about your fitness and weight loss goals then booze should/must be kept to a minimum.
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    I agree whts the point? But every now and then the need comes for a blow out, in that case I would say go fo it, but rather than cut the cals add a workout or 2 and earn the extra cals... just an idea.
  • suediet55
    suediet55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANKS - WILL TRY THAT - GOT A HEN PARTY IN COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT DIDNT WANT TO SPOIL WHAT IM DOING NOW
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The problem with alcohol is two fold it is empty calories, and you are more likely to go over calories for the day and those calories are all carbs which you WILL store as fat. Also alcohol is a diuretic and will make you dehydrated thus making it necessary to drink more water to counter act the effects and if you don't drink enough water and too much booze the side effects - hangover and then your body will compensate by retaining water the next few days increasing your weight. But with all that said if you are only having one or two drinks and you are budgeting the calories for them and drinking a glass of water for each drink you have, you should be golden. Just be careful you don't have too much fun.