So there I was, when it hit me...

gingaly
gingaly Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Today I went to the gym (something I try to do at least every other day) when it hit me. I don't hate the gym as much as I used to. I mean I really used to detest all things gym related especially cardio but in the middle of my 90 minute kick my own butt work out it was like a light bulb that switched on...I felt like I not only belonged at the gym but it was almost like a comfort zone. So maybe it just takes forcing yourself into the gym and into a routine that works for you, but I think this may be a turning point for me. So far in a couple weeks I have lost next to nothing but I feel stronger and a little more confident which is weird since I lack the weight loss. Well I just figured I would throw this out to MFP land for others who may have been in my shoes when it comes to working out. It might not happen over night but eventually you will find something that just works perfectly for you! That said it did take me a couple weeks to try different equipment and programs (heck I even had a couple of personal trainers throw programs together for me) before I finally really look forward to my work outs. Well now that I got that all out good luck to all of you and I hope you find whatever makes you happy in excercise land :happy:

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Awesome.
    Thanks for posting this. I hope that light goes off for me soon
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Wow, Thats Awsome! Go You! Its nice to hear all the good stories on this site. Seems like you are on your way!
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    I don't hate working out any more either. I actually look forward to it most days. It took almost a year for me to get to this point, but now that I am starting see results it makes it so much more worth it.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Congratulations!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    honestly i know what you mean, had a back injury for the last week and half. havent been able to go to the gym or do anything really could not wait to get in there this morning. only did treadmill moderate pace, but hell didnt want to leave either
  • congrats on your a-ha moment! i had the same one about a month ago and now i can't get home from work fast enough so i can workout! kkep up the great work and it will all fall into place!
  • gingaly
    gingaly Posts: 4
    Thanks for all the awesome responses this site really is full of encouragement!!! And for new_me_9_67 you will have that moment for sure!!! When you go to the gym try to incorporate anything you like into your workouts and it might help speed that moment along. I still hate my warm up lol, I always start with a mile on the treadmill to warm up and it is soooo blah!!! But, after that I either lift weights or do circuit training and weights are more fun to me. :) Before I know it I am done with the weights/circuit training and I off to an elliptical. I try to keep my heart rate up this whole time so in my mind everything I do on the elliptical is just bonus cookies since I have been working out for like 40 minutes by then. So I crank my favorite tunes and jam out to some up beat stuff that keeps my moving at a decent pace :smile: I do at least 20 minutes rocking out and before I know it my work out is complete!!! Oh and a good suggestion for anyone who hates cardio and struggles at the gym on the equipment you can normally pick your programs...hit the personal trainer button a couple times until you get to X-trainer, I found this program to mix it up enough to keep me entertained! Well thanks again for all the good words you guys all ROCK!!!
This discussion has been closed.