Long John Silvers....whats my best option?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Soooo Im having this massive cravign from Long John Silvers and I'm gonna give in and treat myself for sure.
Soooow hats my best option!?!?!?!
Im thinking 3 Fish filets, Corn ont he cob and cole slaw.
And a Diet Cola.

Any suggestions?
I gotta give in to the craving....... :D

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to get some of those crunchy things and some hush puppies. That always makes my day.
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I can not tell the difference between their fish and their chicken...that worries me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    But the hush puppies are soooooo good. How can you go there and not have any?!

http://www.ljsilvers.com/images/pdfs/LJS_Nutrition_Information_September_2014.pdf
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I would make my own fish and hush puppies at home, but that is just me. I haven't eaten there in I can't even remember, possibly since I lived with my parents but the food was never hot and it always tasted like they cooked it in old oil. and like another poster said, I could never tell the difference between their chicken and fish either.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Which would have more proteint he FIsh or the CHicken planks?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If you truly want the healthiest option, and by healthiest I mean low cal, I do think they have baked or grilled fish/shrimp.

Personally when I want LJS, I want the fried stuff so I can get as much of those crispy cracklins as possible - so I usually order 1 fish fillet, 2 chicken planks, 3 fried shrimp and hushpuppies. I don't like coleslaw and their fries are pretty blah so I figure I'm saving cals on sides...

The main difference b/w the fish and chicken is the texture, but I still like them both!
  • AlanaTedmon
    AlanaTedmon Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to long john silvers there wasn't really an option for grilled fish; if I were you I'd stick to the fish filets, cole slaw and green beans!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    best option? turn around and go get a burger or go home and eat at home.

That place is nasty.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Is there a best option at Long John Silvers?

I guess the best thing to do is to make sure you eat whatever and as much as you need to satisfy your craving and no more. Then you shouldn't get the urge to go back for a while and you'll be good.

Don't shortchange yourself trying to minimize the damage, or you'll be back to double it the next day!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    FISH IT WAS!!!!
  • MrMike54
    MrMike54 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Potbelly is a better option.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Your best option would be to go somewhere else. I have a pretty strong stomach, but Long John's kills me every time.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

That place is nasty.

Yep, pretty much what I was thinking. But hey, it's your call.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

That place is nasty.

this!
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving the crunchy things and hushpuppies!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Best option? Kids meal. Seriously. One piece of chicken, or one piece of fish, some french fries (about 170 grams?), and a small drink. The chicken planks alone are near 200 cals each.

Oh, and you get these really odd temporary tattoos in the bag. I think there was a hamburger in a superhero cape, swinging on a vine or something weird like that.
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Your best option would be to find another restaurant. The one time I ate there I ended up with food poisoning.

• Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't go in...lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Your best option would be to find another restaurant. The one time I ate there I ended up with food poisoning.
    I think I ate there once- maybe- if I did I blocked it from my memory- I dislike fish in general- but the whole place smells so bad I can't even be near it- I get nasueas just being near the outside. Like I don't even like eating at strip malls that have several places to eat and they are near long john- I just..> I can't do it.
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Keep driving.. Go somewhere else.