Options
I am so excited to have found this site.. I am 55 years old , a nursing student and work full time as a unit secretary at a hospital. My doctors have been yelling at me for years to lose weight...but the more I try the more I gain. I am hoping to get the support and encouragement I need here to do what I need to do for me!..My goal is to lose 50 lbs..altho my doctor says 65. My problem is that I'm never home and so I grab fast food throughout the day. I also drink a lot of diet coke. And the worst part is..I'm an emotional eater, hunger has nothing to do with it. If I'm tired, cranky, stressed, etc..I eat and I'm always all of those lately.
Well, I'm glad to be here...and thank you all in advance for the support and encouragement. I'll need all I can get.
LA

Replies

• laragon53
    Options
    I am so excited to have found this site.. I am 55 years old , a nursing student and work full time as a unit secretary at a hospital. My doctors have been yelling at me for years to lose weight...but the more I try the more I gain. I am hoping to get the support and encouragement I need here to do what I need to do for me!..My goal is to lose 50 lbs..altho my doctor says 65. My problem is that I'm never home and so I grab fast food throughout the day. I also drink a lot of diet coke. And the worst part is..I'm an emotional eater, hunger has nothing to do with it. If I'm tired, cranky, stressed, etc..I eat and I'm always all of those lately.
    Well, I'm glad to be here...and thank you all in advance for the support and encouragement. I'll need all I can get.
    LA
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: It is great that you found this! It has been the only thing that has ever worked for me. The accountability is amazing when you start to put everything down in the food/exercise journal. I HATE when I go over my cals. My downfall though is drinking water. I've pretty much cut out the diet coke addiction, but have replaced it with crystal light type drinks. Regardless, you are in a place that will encourage you! So welcome!:love:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    LA

Well, you came to the right place-- you just described just about everyone on the site!! LOL

Go ahead and grab your fast food-- but, grab the side salads from McDonald's or wiser choices-- grilled chicken, maybe and bag the bun-- bottled water instead of diet Coke-- much better for you-- you'll learn here some healthy choices, and meet some cool people.

My goal in June was 50 pounds by next June-- and I'm 19 away from goal. There are folks who've lost well over 100-- so, you're right there with us-- you're not alone. Anything you've endured, someone here has-- anything you'll endure on this journey, someone else here has too-- so come on in-- laugh with us, cry with us, shout with us, ask us, knock us upside the head if we need it-- and we'll do the same. We're all in the same boat-- but it's headed toward goal weight-- so, welcome aboard.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

It has been enlightening and alot of fun :happy:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success and you CAN do it :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

It has been enlightening and alot of fun :happy:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success and you CAN do it :drinker:

I second that!!
    and up you one Drink your water!!!:happy:
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: