Frozen Ground Turkey

Options
Island_Style20
Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
Hey guys. I've got some frozen ground turkey I'd like to use up for dinner tonight. I keep making crockpot turkey meatballs and need something different this time around. Throw your recipes at me please! :) I know it's not the best product to use but it was cheap.

Replies

• vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey in place of ground beef in everything. Chili, tacos, and I add it to spaghetti sauce
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    vettim16 wrote: »
    I use ground turkey in place of ground beef in everything. Chili, tacos, and I add it to spaghetti sauce

^This

Meatloaf, Turkey Patty Melt, Burgers, Meatball Subs, Soups, Pita Pockets

• Island_Style20
    Options
    Mmm, leaning towards meatloaf. Thanks!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee it in a pan with onion and garlic and add raw finely sliced cabbage and a can of stewed tomatoes. I add a litte adobo seasoning as well.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Turkey Picadillo Lettuce Wraps
    http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/turkey-picadillo-lettuce-wraps.html
    Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
    1 pound lean ground turkey (93% lean)
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 tsp garlic (2 cloves), minced
    1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
    1 can (10 ounces) rotel tomatoes (original)
    1 tsp adobo seasoning
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
    1/4 cup raisins
    1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
    Romaine lettuce leaves (or any lettuce that looks good)
    1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Directions

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add bell pepper, adobo and cinnamon; cook, stirring until fragrant and pepper begin to soften. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, raisins and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until raisins are plumped. Serve in lettuce leaves, garnish with almonds.

Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving - 1 cup picadillo with 2 lettuce leaves; 302 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Thai Turkey Burgers
    http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/10/thai-turkey-burgers.html
    Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

20 oz. ground turkey (93% lean)
    Zest of 1 lime
    1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
    1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
    White pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
    Olive oil
    Thai Style Peanut Dipping Sauce [recipe on blog]
    4 Lettuce leaves
    Cucumber, sliced
    Carrot, shredded
    1 Avocado, peeled and sliced
    4 Hamburger Buns

Directions

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine first 5 ingredients gently. Shape mixture into 4 patties, making the patties thinner in the middle then the edge. Coat hands in a little olive oil and rub on the outside of each patty.

Grill, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip burger and grill covered for another 6 minutes. Remove from grill cover with foil and let rest while preparing the toppings. Slice all the vegetables and dress with lime juice. To serve spread peanut sauce on both sides of the hamburger bun. Place burger on the bottom bun and top with cucumber, lettuce, carrots and sliced avocado. Finish with bun top.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Low Sodium Italian Sausage Soup
    http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/10/low-sodium-italian-sausage-soup.html
    Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

1 tsp. olive oil
    19.2 oz. 93% lean ground turkey
    1 cloves garlic, minced
    1-1/2 Tbsp. fennel seeds, crushed
    3/4 tsp. black pepper
    3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    4 cups unsalted chicken broth
    2 (14.5-oz) cans no salt added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
    1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
    4 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
    4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
    4 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Directions

Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, turkey, garlic and seasonings to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.

Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps

I saw this recipe recently on Pinterest and saved it. Looks yummy and decently low calorie. http://damndelicious.net/2013/09/24/asian-turkey-lettuce-wraps/
  • Island_Style20
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Will keep these since I STILL have leftover turkey in the freezer. :)