What?

Options
Alright... My BMI is at 23-24.5 (says this calculator I used.) My issue is that I still have small patches of fat on my legs, belly, chest, and rear. If I lift heavier, will that all go away? And another thing is how can I become more lean and cut?

Replies

• Snypa1
    Snypa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Who cares about your BMI?

You care about weight and body fat percentage.

Lifting will burn calories but if you want to get leaner you need to either:

a) eat less
    b) work harder, do more cardio, join a class (Interval training for example)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The only way you will get rid of those patches of fat and become more lean and cut is to lower you BF % by losing more weight. Weight lifting is great and will give you a nice firm look once you have lost enough to allow the muscle to become more visible.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    BMI is not the greatest measurement to base your success on. Bf% is better IMO. Everyone is different - just keeping at deficit may get you where you need to be.

Me, all my fat is on my belly and I will have to keep bulking and cutting indefinitely to get rid of mine - that's okay though as it's fun :)

LBM is very very important in how our bodies look overall so do your best to preserve this. Huge calorie deficits will burn away muscle (not to mention bone density) as well as fat. Progressive strength training is a must IMO whether you are losing, maintaining or gaining weight.