Anyone else on 1200 plan?

Options
hollyturner319
hollyturner319 Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Getting Started
Hey guys,
My daily goal is 1200 calories a day, is anyone else on this plan that could help keep me motivated!?

Replies

• SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Each one of my three meals is 1200 calories...I'm kinda sorta on that plan.
  • 2maring
    Options
    I am on 1200 kcal a day plan. I've done this for like 19 Days, it's working good so far.
    But i don't live in the US but you can talk to me if you want.
  • CiciRoscoe
    CiciRoscoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    People are annoying on the discussions. Welcome to MFP :smile:
    I am at the 1200 calorie goal but I am trying to lose 2lbs per week! What are your fitness goals? ADD ME!! I am re-starting MFP full throttle this time cause I gained my weight back!
  • lexie62208
    lexie62208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im on the 1200 cal goal, and I feel like it gets easier the longer I do it :) you can add me if you like
  • clare120
    clare120 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am on my 29th day of 1200. I find it pretty easy to stay within those parameters. I'm never hungry.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome!

Can I assume that you are petite? MFP is rather notorious in subscribing a blanket '1200' calories which may or may not be appropriate based on your height.

I lost weight on 1200 and is now maintaining on 1230 - 1430 depending if I work out. As a reference I'm 4'10" :)

Good luck!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1,200 give or take a few... for October I'm trying to stay a bit lower than that because I have a trip to Italy coming up and I want to drop as much as I can before I go, then I can lose the rest more gradually. I find 1,200 is adequate for my needs (I'm about 5'4" and my goal weight is between 130 and 135). I've been losing an average of about 1.5 pounds a week which is about right, and I'm seldom hungry unless I eat too much for lunch and fail to leave enough calories to cover the evening meal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sushi549 wrote: »
    Hello & Welcome!

Can I assume that you are petite? MFP is rather notorious in subscribing a blanket '1200' calories which may or may not be appropriate based on your height.

I lost weight on 1200 and is now maintaining on 1230 - 1430 depending if I work out. As a reference I'm 4'10" :)

Good luck!

MFP is "notorious" for 1200 because it's a lowest minimum default. Really aggressive weekly goals will get any woman 1200.

Sometimes people set really aggressive goals and bottom out there....and other times 1200 is actually appropriate.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Height is one factor....age is another. Senior citizens get can get 1200 too.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 - feel free to add me!
  • lazykerry
    lazykerry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am. I usually eat about 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, and up to 300-500 for dinner, depending how much I snacked during the day.
  • lakenrivr
    lakenrivr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" on the 1200 per day (I have 70+ to lose). Go ahead and add me. :) Best of luck!
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
    I am 5ft and on the 1200 plan,....I find it OK to deal with. Oh, and I am 44 and in the UK with another 2 st to lose. Please add me if you like <3
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I started on the 1200 plan, but it was making me hangry so I changed to a one lb a week loss and got 1440 calories. I also eat back my exercise calories or I get super mean which leads to drinking...for me and the people around me. :D
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    Each one of my three meals is 1200 calories...I'm kinda sorta on that plan.

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Poster.jpg
  • silverstringbp
    Options
    I did the 1200 before and lost some weight. Then I kicked in 5 days at the gym and found it difficult, but gained the weight back, albeit with muscle too.

Now I'm going back to 1200 with the gym time to see if I can do both at once!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight eating 1200 a day. Now I'm quite close to my goal so I'm easing into maintenance - eating up to 1400 on some days. Add me!
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on 1335, but usually net around 1200 after exercise.
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day. Got a lot to lose.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1320. I do a lot of walking (averaged 17,796 steps in Sept.), so am usually under my calories if I snack at night. I'm only 5'0". Feel free to add me!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    CiciRoscoe wrote: »
    People are annoying on the discussions. Welcome to MFP :smile:
    I am at the 1200 calorie goal but I am trying to lose 2lbs per week! What are your fitness goals? ADD ME!! I am re-starting MFP full throttle this time cause I gained my weight back!

@CiciRoscoe... With only 30 pounds to lose, 2lbs per week is REALLY aggressive. How tall are you? Unless you're 5'0" or below, 1200 isn't really realistic and maintainable in the long run. Since you have it set at 2lbs per week, that's why MFP gives you 1200 cals/day... When in reality, and with as little to lose as your ticker says, 1 pound a week would be more manageable for the long run and wouldn't be such a jump whenever you hit your goal and go back to maintenance calories. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. The 2lbs per week option is meant to be for the obese, like me lol... i.e. people with over 75lbs to lose. Just some friendly advice. :smile: