Everyday things for which I'd like calorie burning credit!

Options
BeyondApril
BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
I'd like to know what happens in your everyday life that you think could be burning calories, but you don't count them. Please, NO SERIOUS answers here! Just for fun!

For example, today I would like credit for:
Tossing and turning (insomnia) - 1.5 hours
Forgetting why I came into a room, leaving, then remembering, and coming back into the room and forgetting again.
Handing out money to the kids
Scratching lottery tickets in the hopes I could retire early

How about it???:laugh:

Replies

• imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Walking to the store, finding they don't have what I want and then walking home, empty handed!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    dancing while doing the dishes
    karaoke and dancing in the shower
    running all the way to the basement to do a load of laundry, only to remember something left 3 floors up that needs to go in the load
    laughing hysterically at posts on MFP
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    -Drinking tons of water and then running to the restroom to use it
    -Walking up to the third floor to get into my apt door
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Looking in the refrigerator for the last two eggs, and then being told after you have searched the entire fridge and freezer (just in case) that one of your roommates at them 2 hrs ago.

Filling the Brita Pitcher.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Running to the restroom to pee because of all this water! 1,000 trips a day add up!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    BOUNCING MY FOOT UP AND DOWN WHEN I'M JUST SITTING, PACING BACK AND FORTH WHILE ON THE PHONE.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    1. Folding the same outfit for my son that I SWORE I just washed and folded the day before.
    2. Checking my account balance at the bank...again
    3. Getting the cat off the counter (500 calories, 13.5 hours a day)
    4. Closing the front door the kids left open
    5. Closing the fridge door that the kids left open
    6. Answering the phone when my boss calls (same as cat on counter)
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    "Running" interference when my kids are fighting.
    "Kicking" myself for not getting in excercise.
    Hauling groceries in from the car.
    Getting up in the middle of the night to herd my son back to bed when he is sleep-walking.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    -Drinking tons of water and then running to the restroom to use it

Thiis! lol aand:
    -having to go back for more water then filling up the pitcher again
    -checking my phone every 5 minutes :) (it's alll the way up on my bed and I'm in the floor :P)
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    flapping my arms as i "raise my voice" at my fighting children..

getting on hands and knees to scrub the milk outta the carpet

chasing toddler who doesnt want a diaper change..

basketball tossing the diaper into the trash...
  • Shananigans1
    Options
    HaHaHa Love this!!

How about Mommy and Daddy time!! Wouldn't that just be hilarious and TMI on a status update!!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    HaHaHa Love this!!

How about Mommy and Daddy time!! Wouldn't that just be hilarious and TMI on a status update!!
    It's there. My friend told me she looked it up, then added it as "Ballroom dancing" instead. People kept commenting "Ohhh...sounds like fun!" never knowing. ha ha!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! :D

climbing up and down from my lofte be 5 times this morning to hit snooze on my alarm

climbing up 6 flights of stairs to get to my dorm all day since the elevator was broke D:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    How about typing all the opinions we have into MFP?
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    running from the kid at my work trying to kick me, resisting his candy he left on the table next to me (have to continually turn my head away), walking away from my boyfriend cuz i got mad at him, chasing a chicken down the sidewalk cuz it looked like fun to pick on a bird, walking to the front door because a solicitor came to sell my boss something--she isnt here... making funny faces at the baby... uhm... yea... lol
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    HaHaHa Love this!!

lol if it's long, I log it as cleaning because you can choose light or vigorous.. and I think I've seen a lot of people do that lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    DWD dancing while driving. I am that girl, I have the loud BOOM BOOM BOOM truck and I love to dance to the beat as I drive. People find me hilarious. I choose to see this as spreading good cheer and burning bonus calories. :laugh:
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Helping my son with his homework--trying to recall math, English, history that I haven't looked at in 20 years definitely makes me sweat :-). It should absolutely count for something!
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Carrying my 7mo baby around the house
    Picking him in his car seat to go to the car (thats the hardest)
  • searbear1980
    Options
    peeling and slicing my Turnips, carrying the 35 pound toddler and the 65 pound 5 year old while cooking dinner. :-)