HOW I LOST 142 (not finished yet) - My plan

Options
2»

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    sauron44 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but the math in your strict menu doesn't add up to even close to 1000 calories. I know your intentions were only good, but the only people who will take an interest to your post are people with eating disorders.

Those were sample breakfast only. I generally eat my lightest meal for breakfast.

Lunches and Dinners are higher in the 250+ range and I always save 100 calories for the TV snack (90-caloie fiber bar or popcorn or whatever).

Some recent dinners:

Rotisserie Plain Chicken (Without Skin) (2 ½ oz.); Lite toast (2 slices); Potatoes cooked in skin, flesh (2 oz.); Broccoli (as side 1 oz.); Romaine lettuce hearts (1 cup); Mixed dressing of low-fat mayo and reduced sugar ketchup ( 1 tbsp. ea.); [ TOTAL CALORIES: 267 ]

Pot Roast Beef 3 oz. – and yes I really weighed it; Butternut squash (3 oz.); Mushrooms ( 1 ¼ oz.); Asparagus Tips (2); Broccoli (1 ½ oz.); Fat free gravy (2 tbsp.); [TOTAL CALORIES: 265]

Cheese ravioli; chicken breast (2 oz); Tomato basil sauce (Total Calories: 310)
    Angel Hair Pasta (2 oz.); Chicken Breast (3 ½ oz.); Tomato Basil Sauce (1/4 cup); [TOTAL Calories: 359]
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit older than you and, like I said, losing much more slowly, plus have not yet lost nearly as much as you; nevertheless I'm seeing some excess skin now. The good news is, the excess doesn't seem quite as noticeable as it did about a month ago and even when I move my body parts in ways that result in the excess skin showing, it still looks much better than when those parts will filled with the 50 pounds of fat I've lost.

Since you are losing so very quickly, what has been your experience with skin drooping over the areas you've lost a lot of fat?

55835802.png
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow wow wow.
    I'm very impressed with your plating! Like you, I also follow a "very" low calorie diet by "normal" standards. Between 700-900. I'm wheelchair bound and well, it's very obvious my body doesn't need thousands upon thousands of calories to be healthy, since I cannot do the kind of exercise required for doing that.
    I have been at this since around 6/13. So far, I've lost 92 pounds and my next weigh in is tomorrow so I'll see how much I've lost this week. I feel better than I have in years. I was 226, and now, 134. For me, being 5'1, this is a huge accomplishment, as it's all been lifestyle change and determination alone. I really enjoy my food now, too.
    I've been called all sorts of things before my current lifestyle and during as well. The way I look at it is, why bring someone down with a know it all attitude if they're clearly happy and much healthier than before? (Especially people who are unhealthy themselves.) I used to get worked up about it, but now, I just keep going with my personal plan to health.
    I hope if anyone on this thread wishes to add them, especially the OP, sends me a request! I'd love to be your friend. I tried to add you guys, but MFP is being a pain with me, and it's booting me out!
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me, not them!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I'm a bit older than you and, like I said, losing much more slowly, plus have not yet lost nearly as much as you; nevertheless I'm seeing some excess skin now. The good news is, the excess doesn't seem quite as noticeable as it did about a month ago and even when I move my body parts in ways that result in the excess skin showing, it still looks much better than when those parts will filled with the 50 pounds of fat I've lost.

Since you are losing so very quickly, what has been your experience with skin drooping over the areas you've lost a lot of fat?

55835802.png

Yes – but just about what I expected. I have been at this for almost an entire year now. I don’t think anyone, after losing essentially an entire person from their body frame, won’t have drooping issues. Elasticity just isn’t the same after years of yo-yo dieting and age…ah…if I were only 25. I have lost 142 and in the end hope to have lost roughly 175-180.
    I’m not sure if I would be a candidate for surgery. Most medical resources advise waiting until weight has been stable for at least a year, after significant weight loss. A heart-related procedure last year was stopped because of blood pressure issues and the risk/reward wasn’t there – it was going to take up to 6 hrs.
    I figure I will make all these decisions, as situations arise. Right now I concentrate on weight loss, cardio exercise. I am going to slowly add some weights (as I don’t want to lose muscle). That will also mean increasing my calorie intake. I knew the last 30-40 pounds would take a longer period of time and require tweaking. It’s nice right now, just to be able to shop at regular stores and not just big/tall.:)
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you lost significant amounts of muscle,ever feel weak etc.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    oarngesi wrote: »
    Do you feel like you lost significant amounts of muscle,ever feel weak etc.

No…but again I had more than enough fat to live off of for those first 6 months:). I would never do anything that made me feel weak or ill in any way.

Common sense told me a weight regime would be a must after a certain amount of weight loss. I did almost no exercise the first 6 months and then added daily walking – increasing distance / time slowly and will do the same with weights. This was my plan dating back to last year, given other medically related issues.

I knew at the outset, I would fail (based upon personal experience) if I didn’t attack this in gradual segments. This applies to me only – other people needing to lose 30-50 pounds might easily incorporate everything at once.
  • FromGastricToFantastic
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING. There is no other word for it my friend. I am so proud of what you have accomplished and where you are going. Your mindset is SPOT ON. Great job!

Raymond
    435 lbs to 256 lbs
    Blog: www.fromgastrictofantastic.com
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow, your meals look so pretty! I might have to try making mine look prettier, it will probably help. Though Im not really having as much of an issue as I thought I would... once I put my mind to something I can sometimes surprise myself with how well I stick to it.
    Dont listen to anyone bashing your calorie intake, they are not dieticians, and I have heard a lot of similar stories of people who lose best with low calorie diets. I wish I had a dietician...
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was not bashing his calorie intake. I was a bit worried about his losing 7 pounds in a single week in the middle of a diet. I have MFP set to losing a pound a week and would be happy if I could stay at that pace.

I think you are on the right track. Cutting calories from your diet was the important part. Ramping up slowly on exercise is always a good idea. I started with the treadmill and exercise bike, but have switched to a lot of outdoor biking. Biking does not aggrevate my disability. I was much slower when I started biking, but have increased in speed and duration as I went on. I think as you add more activity you should consider eating back some of those calories.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best and hope you can successfully find a maintenance plan that gives you a bit more flexibility.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    NO WAY can that few calories be healthy! And besides...wait... those photos ... is that what you had for breakfast? And lunch?

Can I join you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!