losing too much weight

Options
I am 5, 3 and my goal is 120 lbs.I am at 130 so I know the last few pounds will do .I still want to keep my curves.Is there someone who ended up below their goal weight and end up too skinny? My apetite has decresed so most of the time I am 200 below my goal.So I am afraid that I am going to keep losing weight past my goal

Replies

• Snypa1
    Snypa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    eat a peanut butter sandwich.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I lost weight below my goal last year. It took a while to get my head to be ok with maintaining/gaining. I would eat a lot, but was very active, and it took a while for my body to finally put some weight back on. My original goal was 120-125, got down to 110, maintained for a while at 113, and now floating around 116. Go ahead and eat some snacks if you're hungry. If your weight loss stalls, or you gain, you can always cut again. I love having my treats at night. I don't worry unless the scale goes close to 120, or my pants get too tight.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'd think being too skinny is really the last thing you'll need to worry about. It's easy as heck to put a few pounds back on. Just add some extra healthy oils to what you're eating now. Or a banana. The part about being consistently under your goal is a little concerning, however. Are you eating 1200 calories each day, at least? At 5'3", my height, too, a sedentary older woman not need much more than that but a younger, active woman would. Don't set yourself up for an eating disorder. It's better to lose those 10 pounds slowly and in a healthy way than to starve yourself.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I'd think being too skinny is really the last thing you'll need to worry about. It's easy as heck to put a few pounds back on. Just add some extra healthy oils to what you're eating now. Or a banana. The part about being consistently under your goal is a little concerning, however. Are you eating 1200 calories each day, at least? At 5'3", my height, too, a sedentary older woman not need much more than that but a younger, active woman would. Don't set yourself up for an eating disorder. It's better to lose those 10 pounds slowly and in a healthy way than to starve yourself.

I set my my goal to lose 0.5 a week since I only have 10 lbs left to lose .I have an active job so I eat 1810 calories for now :)

• HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually have the same problem. I mean I don't think I do but my trainer, my family, coworkers and customers are all saying it. I am 5'10" and went from 278 lbs in April 2013 down to 145 this past May. At the advice of my trainer I've brought my weight up to 160 but am flip flopping between 155 and 160. The goal my trainer set for me is 165 lbs. I'm so conflicted about his as my original goal was 125 lbs. My trainer all along thought that was too low. I think we had thought 145 lbs was good at one point but as I neared it, he and everyone else started freaking out. Honestly, I don't know what to do. I risk losing his help if I don't hit 165 but I feel so much lighter on my feet between 140 and 145. My trainer and many others think I have an eating disorder. This whole thing is crazy. What started out as a much needed weight loss I admit has turned into an exercise/diet obsession that has consumed my life. On the one hand everything is easier to do now - walking, running, simple every day tasks. On the other I've developed a myriad of medical issues. I really want to reach my trainer's goal and get his help back to firm up my bottom, but on the other I'm so scared of gaining all my weight back. I have been a chronic yo yoer all my life. I've done it 3 times and I swear to GOD I will not do it again. Anyone experiencing something similar? And if so, how did you stop? I'm getting desperate here I only have 1 week left to reach my goal and have at least 6 lbs to gain. This really is horrible.