Pebbly texture under skin?

Options
I've been working out for two months now, twice to three times a week. Instead of just fat on my upper arms and thighs, when I press my hand against the skin, I feel a pebbly texture. Is that fat? Will it eventually go away?

Replies

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    its fat. as far as i can tell it actually is a good thing. i see it more the more i lose because i think maybe the density is decreasing. not really sure. i just know i have it to an that to me it is a sign i am doing things right.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that recently on my arms, particularly near my armpits. I have no answer for you unfortunately, but at least you're not alone? Lol
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Is it like marbles under your skin ?
    Google "fat cells whoosh effect."
    I think it's to do with the cells retaining water before they shed it (which will show on the scale as a loss)
    This water retention by fat cells often hinders progress shown on scales.
    Google it and take a read - some really good articles explaining it.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    There's an article about whoosh on Leangains. com, I think. If you see marbling, it's the body telling you're in progress :D
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. That sounds like what I'm experiencing. Such a relief!
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm having a pretty hard time visualizing this. I'm also not sure I want to...haha. But seriously, I've been wondering about this as well. I thought it might be a sign that I was putting weight back on.