More muscle or more weightloss? (Abdomine)

Options
So most the questions I ask here are ab related.... I've lost 50lbs to get to 158lbs at 6'0", and then gained approx. 5-6 pounds back in muscle for sure. But still when I lean over I get like the flabbiest thing at the bottom of my stomach. And my muscles don't show as much as Id like them to. Not sure if its just that stubborn layer of fat, or Im lacking muscle since I lost a whole lot of weight through cardio (without weights) and a caloric deficit of 1500.

Replies

• rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    a picture would help....
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Start working on both? You can build muscle all day but unless you lose the fat it won't show. BUT more muscle will help you burn (a little) more fat. Side note - body weight for core is all you actually need.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Pick which is more important to you and do that first.

However, at 6' and only 163 lbs I would suggest adding some weight. Eat at a small surplus and lift heavy things, following a full body progressive overload program.

Any fat gained can be trimmed back later with a small deficit.
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thx, I dont have a lot of time to lift cause of sports and stuff like that. What surplus do u think I should eat at? Im in football season right now, and soon Im going to be getting into wrestling season
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Start working on both? You can build muscle all day but unless you lose the fat it won't show. BUT more muscle will help you burn (a little) more fat. Side note - body weight for core is all you actually need.
    What do u mean "body weight for core"?
    -

• NagromXIV
    Options
    rogerOb1 wrote: »
    a picture would help....
    Here