With 2 lbs. to go, this may be slightly premature...

Options
sammama5
sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
I'm nearly at my goal, and am feeling pretty confident, so here goes...
Ever since my first child was born in 2001, I have tried to "get into shape" with no progress every being made. I'd start some exercise regime based on the things I remembered doing in high school for our sports conditioning, and be gung-ho for a few days. Then, I'd start getting bored and discouraged because I didn't feel like it was working at all. 3 days ought to be long enough to see some progress, right? LOL
My first pic is from 3 1/2 months after my youngest child was born in 2009. This was not really the start to my weight loss journey, but it's the most comparable picture to how I looked when I started in December of 2012. (I have 3 years of pictures of my kids and hubby, with an occasional shot of me behind a table or behind some children.)
My sweet husband bought me a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas that year (Don't worry...I ASKED him for it!) I knew it was supposed to be a fun way to keep accountable, and I had 5 children to play and compete with. I started out with Wii Fit Cycling.
Right after Christmas, I decided to give up pop, except for an occasional treat. After a couple of weeks, I heard about MFP and joined. I started tracking my food, and was amazed at how much I had been consuming. I started working at a balanced diet, filled with veggies and water. It took about a month for me to see any progress, but it WAS progress! I logged diligently for about 6 months, and lost 35 lbs.! By that time, all my "friends" had fizzled out and I thought I had a good handle on everything, even though I was still 12 lbs. away from my goal of 155 (my weight before I got pregnant with my first child). I was active throughout the summer of 2013 and by October, I had dropped to 163! Then, the weather turned cooler, the holidays came, and we had some long-term houseguests. Exercise went out the window, higher calorie dinners came into play, and a lot fewer fresh veggies. (I did keep the water going!)
I put on 9 lbs by March 2014, and was back up to 172. At that point, I got back on track with MFP. I went searching for friends in the forums, and built a supportive network for myself. I learned a LOT from some who had logging streaks over a year long, and also from some just starting out! Most of my friends and I have open diaries, and we can comment on each others days without offense...we're keeping accountable for our choices. :-)
As far as fitness, I don't use the Wii Fit much anymore other than to track my weight. I was riding my bicycle or walking consistently this summer, along with some of Jillian Michaels' videos on Youtube (until they all got scrubbed-thankfully, some are available on Amazon Prime!) My longest ride ever was 20 miles in 80 minutes!
I did take about 6 weeks off from exercise, simply because I was too busy with our new homeschooling year to get it in. This past week, I have been able to get some in and am aiming for at least 2 days a week, but building back up to 5.

Height: 5'8"
SW: 202 lbs.
CW: 157 lbs.
GW: 155 lbs. -This is a soft goal. I'm working on firming up and am looking more at the way I look and feel than a number on the scale.
I hope my story encourages somebody! I love looking through the success stories.

Replies

• FromGastricToFantastic
    FromGastricToFantastic Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Amazing job. Awesome story! I am so so proud of you. Smile girl....you deserve it! YOU GOT THIS!

Raymond
    435 lbs to 256 lbs
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • marypresent
    marypresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You deserve a lot of credit for your perseverance and patience! You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel terrific as well! Great job!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Great Job - you look fantastic. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 9' and have the same goal. YOu look great..!!! Congrats on getting there. Very inspirational for me.
  • sammama5
    Options
    Thanks all!
    Some people have seen 155 as my goal, and they're like. "Wow. What an underachiever." LOL I try to look for other tall women to compare goal weights, but sometimes get distracted by all the short women with goals near 100.
    I didn't want to post my size because to so many shorter/smaller framed women, a 12 is the bane of their existence!
    I need to be proud of my 12's, (10's in vanity sizes!) and being down to a loose "large" shirt.
    I did mean to mention in my original post that I zipped up my wedding dress (15 yrs) last week! It was a little tight, but not enough to strain the zipper!
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You should be proud of what you have achieved! :)
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You did it! Nice job!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great, and have fun homeschooling (from a fellow hs)!
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I could totally tell you were tall because you look great at 157:)
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :D
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    sammama5 wrote: »
    GW: 155 lbs. -This is a soft goal. I'm working on firming up and am looking more at the way I look and feel than a number on the scale.

Congratulations! That is a wonderful viewpoint! Losing weight is only a milestone and you are already looking down the road to whole health and fitness.

• forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job keeping with it! Many people would have given up after one set back, much less what you went through. Awesome and you look great!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • sammama5
    Options
    bump
  • snoopymcc
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to go!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!