Salmon Recipes?

Options
chineyeyekhas
chineyeyekhas Posts: 23 Member
Hey Hey!

I have recentlly fallen in love with salmon and i am looking for some recipe ideas. I am getting bored of my usual sweet chilli and brown sugar & soy sauce marinades.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A favorite meal in my house: Orange Soy Salmon.

Ingredients:
    Salmon
    Orange Juice
    Soy Sauce
    Toasted sesame oil (optional but recommended)
    Brown Rice

Prep Instructions:
    Prepare desired amount of brown rice per package directions.

Sear Salmon on both sides in a very hot skillet. Add orange juice (3 parts) and soy sauce (1 part) to pan with salmon and cover loosely. Let salmon continue to cook to desired doneness, remove lid last few minutes to let sauce reduce. Drizzle in a LITTLE bit of sesame oil right before serving.

Serve salmon and sauce over rice. Broccoli or sugar snap peas make a great veg to go with this dish as the sauce compliments them nicely.
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also have a yummy recipe for Lemon Salmon with Lima beans but I don't know that one by heart. If you are interested in that, send me a message.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Taste of Home magazine has one for Walnut Crusted Salmon, very tasty, you can probably find it on line
  • chineyeyekhas
    chineyeyekhas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

Wow that looks amazing!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Salmon with mango salsa!!
    Season salmon fillet with lime, olive oil, salt and pepper and broil in oven. Then make mango salsa with chopped purple onion, some medium ripe mangoes, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Eat with brown rice or any grain you want! Yummm
    8g8kc1rn6ln4.jpg
  • goodbyesir
    goodbyesir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not as elegant as these, but I love oven-baked salmon patties made with the Alaskan canned salmon -- the stuff with skin and bones and all. Drain it, mush it all together, mix with egg, breadcrumbs, finely chopped onions, a splash of lemon juice and spices. I mix yogurt, dill and garlic up to top it with.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @ksolksol
    Yes! Salmon patties, Yum! We don't even get that fancy, just egg and crushed saltines, sometimes onion, sometimes not. We usually pan fry in just a bit of oil or use a spray, but I keep aiming to try them oven baked sometime.

Did I say yum? :yum:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just cook your salmon in a skillet and get it nice and crisp then add your favorite bbq sauce. Yummy.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon fairly simple. I want the fish to shine, not the toppings. This is just grilled with a bit of salt, pepper, herbs and olive oil.

When I do add something, to salmon, I do like mango salsa.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I like just a little bit of lemon juice, black pepper, and a few herbs based on what I'm in the mood for and what side I'm having with it.
  • Kerrygirlinmaldon
    Kerrygirlinmaldon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love salmon and have this every week, salmon really takes on the flavour of the oyster sauce and remains moist

Salmon fillet
    Oyster sauce3-4 tbsp
    Mushrooms sliced
    Broccoli small florets
    Onions
    Any other veg in fridge
    Garlic sliced
    Chinese five spice 1-2 tsp
    Soy sauce to taste

Fry salmon try to keep them whole with onions, garlic to begin with, after 3-4 mons add broccoli and any other veg that takes a while to cook. Add oyster sauce, splash of soy sauce, Chinese five spice and water if it dries out when veg nearly done add mushrooms. Remember to turn salmon fillet during cooking. It should take about 15 mins to cook. Serve with noodles or brown rice

If you like spice add chili
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This one is great too!

Herb Crusted Roast Side of Salmon
    Serves: 12

2 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
    1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
    1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
    3 lbs salmon fillet, one piece, skin on, pin bones removed
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    3 Tbsp Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 450. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Put bread in food processor and pulse to make coarse crumbs. Transfer to medium bowl and stir in parsley, dill and lemon zest.

Sprinkle flesh side of salmon with salt and pepper and spread evenly with mustard. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over mustard, pressing lightly to help adhere. Place salmon, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover loosely with foil and roast in center of oven 20-25 minutes or until fish is almost cooked through. Remove foil and roast 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into 12 slices and serve hot or at room temperature.

Per serving(1 slice): 148 Cal, 4 g Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 59 mg Chol, 341 mg Sod, 3 g Carb, 1 g Fib, 23 g Prot, 28 mg Calc.
  • mertecu
    mertecu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add a tablespoon pesto to a 4-6 oz filet. Wrap in foil and bake for 20 min at 350. Easy clean up and great meal.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Blackened salmon tacos with a chipotle creama and roasted corn salsa
  • viddatolife
    viddatolife Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. Individual salmon patties----I am glad you are reaching out. I buy a pkg of chicken of the sea salmon. Take 1/2 a egg, 1 tsp of salad dressing, finely broken up crackers- or bread crumbs all ready done--(just enough for it all to stick together). Then, spray olive oil in the can onto a fryer pan. I make 2 patties. Cook until golden brown. I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi .... I'm a real 'plain' eater ... love the taste of the food without it being covered over with sauces or salsas ... had it today ... I usually broil or pan grill it ... O like it to really crust up on the skin side, then flip it and finish it off on the other side. A little sprinkle of salt and fresh ground black pepper ... maybe a squirt of lemon juice. Today I had it with steamed broccoli and baked yam on the side. So good.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    Salmon pumpkin patties!! All you need is a small tin of salmon, 300g of pumpkin and 1 egg! Steam the pumpkin in a microwave and then mix it all together, sperate into patties and bake in the oven. Extremely low calorie! Around 300-400 for the entire batch of patties depending on what type of salmon you use :-)4tm60foikqun.jpg

Wow, I will have to try this one! Thanks!