New Kid on the Block!

Options
Hello! I just signed up for MyFitnessPal. I downloaded the app from the "Market" for my Samsung Fascinate phone. I liked what I saw and once it said you can keep track for FREE online as well, WELL.....I had to check it out. I'm currently signed up and using another site but I like the flow of this one better. I've already requested three friends to join me so I can have some support. I'm looking forward to meeting new fitness pals in my journey to a new and slimmer me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is a great site! There are some really helpful and supportive people on here and you'll find all kinds of motivation along your journey. Welcome!
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Morning JoiLane. I just signed up two days ago due to purchasing the same phone and I absoutely love the phone and this site. A girl friend of mine has used it for a couple of years now and has done nothing but brag about it. So of course I had to check it out and she was right. Add me if you like. One newbie supporting another newbie. Have a blessed day.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just so long as you use it religiously then this site will do wonders for your weight loss!

p.s - I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE New kids on the Block!!!!, secretly this was the only reason I read this post! LOL
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello there! I'm new too, but love it so far!
  • JaziJoi
    JaziJoi Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you so much I'm looking forward to reaching my goal here. Thank you so much for the welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JaziJoi
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! I'm not quite used to the platform here, so I don't know how to add you as a friend. :embarassed: But I look forward to cruising this journey with you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mjude79
    mjude79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I've been on the site tracking for 5-6 weeks now (No weight loss...AT ALL) Looking for tips as to what I'm doing wrong? Hopefully someone out there can help me out! Great to 'meet' everyone!
  • JaziJoi
    Options
    What worked for me was counting my calories and logging them religiously!!! That is the first thing. Secondly, meet your calorie target each day. If you work out, you must eat back the calories lost. Eating not enough is just as bad as eating too much. :wink:
    And drink plenty of water.

Hope that helps you some. Not sure what your eating habits were like, but if you stick to your calorie target and eat back the calories lost through exercise, you'll do well. Just keep at it and it will fall off. You'll also reach plateaus where you'll go weeks without any weight loss then all of a sudden it will just drop.

Well, that's my two cents.......hope it helps. :flowerforyou: