When you hit the struggle point

Options
Does anyone else when working out and they feel themselves start to doubt or struggle what they're doing think "I hate this, I want to quit why am I doing this?" and then still continue to try and push yourself??

Replies

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yep! Luckily there are ways to compensate for the struggle point, through delayed gratification.

With medium to medium-high intensity exercise I usually get a lot of resistance after about 20 mins. If I keep pushing I will tend to get an endorphin rush eventually and then I can keep going for a lot longer, because I feel amazing.

With low to medium-low I get no struggle point but I can get bored if the setting is dull. If the scenery, activity and/or the company is good I can keep going for hours.

High intensity, like intervals, I get non stop resistance. I hate it. However, high intensity is only for 20 mins at most, sometimes less. Also, although its so incredibly tough the feeling afterwards is often amazing. I'm more competitive, focused, high spirited and resilient, even if I'm physically exhausted.

Music is so helpful. I think this can make a big difference to pretty much everyone and not just with exercise. I have songs that I keep in reserve for the times I really need to push through - stuff I mentally associate with being really determined and happy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's called GRIT!
This discussion has been closed.