I ran 100km on Saturday!

Options

Replies

• congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome accomplishment. I'm with you on 'no excuses' and understand the difficulty of getting the mileage in your legs while living life.
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love the "new excuses" part. Congratulations!!!
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow, you are freaking awesome!!!!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! That is fantastic. Great job!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Holy!!! that's awesome :) major hats off to you!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. My legs are sore just thinking about it. Congrats to you.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Holy cow that's amazing! Well done, especially considering where you started!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I applaud you! You are truely an inspiration!
    60817891.png
  • novespecial
    novespecial Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats.
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Ultramarathons are my goal too! :smiley:
    I was just wondering, how did you work up to it, and was there anything that really helped with the training? I just ran my first 10k this weekend(during one of my regular runs) and I can't imagine running 100km....
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    wow, I'd love to run an ultra, maybe someday.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering, how did you work up to it, and was there anything that really helped with the training? I just ran my first 10k this weekend(during one of my regular runs) and I can't imagine running 100km....

It's about slowing down your pace and logging hours of time on your feet. My 40km-50km slow runs were WAY easier to recover from than faster shorter distances. Also running on trails is so much easier on the body than the pavement. I did lots of hill training, not so much speedwork. The best training runs are the ones after a late night or after a long exhausting day when you just want to fall into bed because you want to train your body to keep going long after you're tired.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!
  • FromGastricToFantastic
    Options
    Honestly my friend, you are a true inspiration! I am so proud of your accomplishment and even more proud of your dedication and attitude. It is an honor to have read your story and I have your back. AWESOME STUFF!
  • GoldenOctober
    GoldenOctober Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm lost for words. This is awesome, inspiring and ... yeah, nuts. :wink:
    Congratulations! 100 times: Congratulations! I meant 105.8 times, of course. :smile:

Also, there's no 500 or 1000 km thing or something, is there? This is as bad as it gets? Cause I hadn't ever heard of an ultra-marathon before, and still can't believe someone does that, and now I just want to know if I'm still living in a bubble thinking this is the ultimate marathon or if there's ... oh my. :smile:

Again, this is awesome. You're awesome.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm lost for words. This is awesome, inspiring and ... yeah, nuts. :wink:
    Congratulations! 100 times: Congratulations! I meant 105.8 times, of course. :smile:

Also, there's no 500 or 1000 km thing or something, is there? This is as bad as it gets? Cause I hadn't ever heard of an ultra-marathon before, and still can't believe someone does that, and now I just want to know if I'm still living in a bubble thinking this is the ultimate marathon or if there's ... oh my. :smile:

Again, this is awesome. You're awesome.

lol Thank you!! I had never heard of it either before last year.

The most common distances for ultras are 50k, 50 miles, 100k and 100 miles. But really an ultramarathon is anything farther than a standard marathon.

So there's this:
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/infinitus-2015-registration-12781258087
    888km in 240 hours

or this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Transcendence_3100_Mile_Race
    52 days to cover nearly 5000km

or these:
    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/running/trail-running/The-Toughest-Ultras.html

Lots of crazies out there running these things!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing amazing! I have been messing around with the thought of doing a full marathon (just did my first half), and you have certainly inspired me to go for more!
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    aarar wrote: »

It's about slowing down your pace and logging hours of time on your feet. My 40km-50km slow runs were WAY easier to recover from than faster shorter distances. Also running on trails is so much easier on the body than the pavement. I did lots of hill training, not so much speedwork. The best training runs are the ones after a late night or after a long exhausting day when you just want to fall into bed because you want to train your body to keep going long after you're tired.

I just tried slowing my run down today.... 12.4km!!! That's a 2km improvement in 1 day! I'm about to scarf down a ton of food and go to bed! :smiley:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just, wow. :scream::astonished:
    Amazing. Good for you!
    I can walk 3mph for an hour or so, but to do it for 18+ hours? Not sure about that.

I completely understand the "you're crazy" comments, because I've done a 1000 mile ride on a motorcycle in under 24 hours. (It's called an Ironbutt.) Actually took me about as long as your run.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!