Low Sodium seasonings

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for some great low sodium vegetable seasonings? I use garlic, but am looking for something to really spruce of my stir fry. Thanks.

Replies

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash has a bunch of seasonings...I just bought about 5 of them! I am cutting down on sodium to prevent water retention. :smile:
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love using fresh lemon and lime juice too. I use them on veggies, rice and potatoes. Yum!
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought of lemon and lime juice. Good idea! I've also heard of the Mrs. Dash. I think I will grab some of those.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the Target brand of Mrs. Dash (on sale and had a Cartwheel offer!) both taste great on fish and chicken! (I'm more of a pepper and lemon/lime person, too)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    http://www.penzeys.com/

Enter the catalog and choose the salt free option from the drop down menu. Their spices are the best!
  • ksnegirl
    Options
    Wow! There are alot of seasonings at the Penzey's site!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I use a line of seasonings from a company called Epicure Selections. They are locally based (Vancouver Island, BC) but I know they ship internationally...not sure where you are. Anyways, they have a line called Sansel (without salt) which are amazing. Just Google Epicure Selections and you can place an online order. All of their stuff is really yummy.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Make your own, then you can control the level of salt. Try taco style veggies using Taco seasoning I use only a dash of salt, and season my beef with onion and garlic, and adobo. The spice blend just kicks it up a notch. Word to the wise, don't use all of the red pepper flake or you'll be on fire later. allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Basil, oregano, parsley ... Pretty much every spice that isn't salt.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Personally, I avoid the "spice blends" and stick to combining spices on my own.
  • ksnegirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This is great.
  • Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make my own and when I do need salt I use the half salt or potassium chloride instead.
  • erinb419
    Options
    Experiment with spices