What are some of your recent motivaters?

Options
Hey all!

I went shopping with a Friend last week at the mall. She said she needed a few things from penny's. As I was talking and looking at some cute stuff I realized that I can't fit into anything in the store. My friend is a size five. I got bummed at first, but then I thought to myself, "Hey, use this! Put pictures of cute dresses on your wall, remember this time, and use it when you are temped by unhealthy foods!" So that was a huge motivater for me.

So what motivates you? I thought it would be encouraging to share our motivators. :smile:

Replies

• KellyEsparza
    Options
    Watching the Biggest Loser... that is what got me going back in January and I watch every week. Seeing their struggles and their accomplishments inspires me!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture of myself from high school (my goal weight) in my wallet. Everytime I open it, I see it and think twice about the snack I'm about to purchase =) I've also seen people put these photos on their fridges
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    THE PEOPLE I HAVE AS FRIENDS HERE, MOTIVATE ME VERY MUCH, RED:wink:
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I write motivational posters and hang them ALL OVER. Everywhere I go in my house, there's a poster. There's a quote, an image, something, as long as its got something that I personally wrote down on the paper. I think that me writing down whatever I'm writing down holds me more accountable since I have to look at my own handwriting. I also print out logos for the places I used to visit when I'd get fast food all the time, and draw the circle with a line through it over the logo, so I know that I will NOT go there again (At least not until I'm certain that I have the strength and willpower to not overeat like I've done in the past). And other than that, I hop on the scale every other day. I only record it once a week, but seeing the number throughout the week makes me work harder to make sure that the number is smaller than the time before.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I dont really have anything I keep to motivate me... It's more of an Idea... I've got goals I want to do again, like running in a 2k race and then running in a 10k. I just want to be healthy and look good.... The only other thing that motivates me is everyone of my friends(all 479 on facebook) know that I'm getting back in shape... That way it forces me not to quit, or everyone I know will know. Not happening.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Knowing I have to wear this

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Strapless-Cotton-Sateen-Dress-39261_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

In August for an entire day surrounded by old friends and people I haven't seen since high school.:sad: :grumble: :noway:

Chunky girl plus short strapless dress in the heat of August? That's my motivation at the moment.

Garden season has also just started here. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I tried to work clearing brush for a few hours. Jeez. I knew I was getting chunky, but didn't realize the energy had dropped so low too!
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Watching the Biggest Loser... that is what got me going back in January and I watch every week. Seeing their struggles and their accomplishments inspires me!

I love the Biggest Loser...sometimes the contestants are talking about their thoughts and struggles and I can completely relate. And if they can do it, so can I!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Myself and my family are always my first motivators, they make me want to be the best I can be
    Then second motivators are the negative people they have actually motivated me quite recently. I heard people were saying things behind my back (out of jealousy I know, and that's why I've never let it get me down) that I wasn't doing it the "healthy" way so my weight loss would never "stick" or that I'd gain it all back because "I know for a fact she's taking diet pills" :laugh: little did these people know that I in fact am losing my weight in the most healthy way possible and that is WHYYYY it has stuck for me and look at the people who were saying those things...:wink:
    Life is just so motivating, beautiful days like today, my closet full of all of those skinny clothes and summer dresses, my little man who is dragging me out of the house to go for a walk and play. EVERYTHING motivates me, I honestly now a days don't think that there is anything that doesn't motivate me :smile:
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just think about how I want my body to look. Or I think about my career. Nobody wants a fat personal trainer right?
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My motivator is my closet - for every item too big to wear I'm going to buy something new. I need to bring my wardrobe into this century!

Also thinking about how good I will feel. I already feel better after dropping just 25lbs. I can't imagine the feeling once I drop 100+!!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have this gorgeous strapless dress in my closet that I bought years ago when I was at my goal weight. I only wore it once, and it cost waaaaaaay too much to have only been worn once! I can't wait to wear it again!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've had a few people notice and compliment me on my weight loss lately. I try not to worry about whether or not anyone notices because I'm doing this for myself, not to impress anyone, but it's still good to hear!

Also, my gym buddy AM - our chats help the time to fly by and she's always challenging me to do better and helping me with my form, etc. Plus she's a total nut and makes it fun. (that's right - you got a shout out hehe)
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My 5k run coming up next month motivates me. Also the people I have comitted to doing the race with keep me motivated to get out and run. I think I will continue to sign up for races because then I have something to be held accountable to.
  • Dkp1611
    Dkp1611 Posts: 16
    Options
    Mostly I want to feel like I'm sexy again, but also my trip to the tropics at the end of the year motivates me. Plus I want to be a whole new FREAKING SEXY woman by the time my huny gets back from being outto sea for 6 months. I have a huge battle ahead of me though because I really need to learn self control.....
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I write motivational posters and hang them ALL OVER. Everywhere I go in my house, there's a poster. There's a quote, an image, something, as long as its got something that I personally wrote down on the paper. I think that me writing down whatever I'm writing down holds me more accountable since I have to look at my own handwriting. I also print out logos for the places I used to visit when I'd get fast food all the time, and draw the circle with a line through it over the logo, so I know that I will NOT go there again (At least not until I'm certain that I have the strength and willpower to not overeat like I've done in the past). And other than that, I hop on the scale every other day. I only record it once a week, but seeing the number throughout the week makes me work harder to make sure that the number is smaller than the time before.

I make posters too! I use pretty scrapbooking paper! I use quotes, pictures, bible verses, whatever I see that touches me in some way. Or funny/philosophical quotes that make me think! :)
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My motivator is my closet - for every item too big to wear I'm going to buy something new. I need to bring my wardrobe into this century!

Also thinking about how good I will feel. I already feel better after dropping just 25lbs. I can't imagine the feeling once I drop 100+!!

I know right! I feel great after only losing 16 pounds! :)
  • SeltzerKC
    SeltzerKC Posts: 13
    Options
    I have photos from my wedding in 2009 all over my house – I was at my healthiest weight then and I want to be back there in the worse way. So that does the trick. :smile:
  • VikTimH
    VikTimH Posts: 7
    Options
    This is silly considering some of what I read, but a belly button ring I bought several years ago and I have refound after loosing 20 pounds and having on my kitchen counter to remind me my goal is in close reach if I keep it up. I did have some mom friends on here to help at 1st but they all dropped out. :{