Weight loss and management

Options
pmv1
pmv1 Posts: 7 Member
I am going to Planet Fitness approx. 3-4 times a week I walk on the treadmill mostly, because I like its size and ability to incline at a touch. I am up to 30 min. and I also work on weight machines and crunch machines.

Replies

• pmv1
    pmv1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am curious to find out what you think about drinking diet soda with limited sodium also, but is it keeping me from loosing my weight? Or keeping me from loosing as much as I could be loosing, please let me hear some answers , just have a hard time giving it up but might be a necessity.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Diet soda has no calories. It will not cause you to gain weight. Neither will it affect your weight loss in any other way.
  • rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet soda about a month and a half ago because (and I don't know if I can find any of the studies I've read) supposedly diet soda stalls weight loss. I drink one now and then, but I don't do one every day any more.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Weightloss has nothing to do with sodium it has everything to do with calorie deficit. If you are eating at a deficit you will lose weight. Make sure you are being completely accurate with your consumption. Food scales are your friend. If you do not have one, get one.
  • rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    well, this link might clear it up for you
    webmd.com/diet/features/diet-sodas-and-weight-gain-not-so-fast
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

But....just above you said they're linked to weight gain....you know this study says they're not, right?

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Although it's true that diet sodas does not directly cause weight gain and if weight gain is the only concern I agree, diet soda not really a factor.

However, if the goal is be healthy, then I can't imagine consuming anything with ingredients like 'Aspartame', 'Cyclamates', 'Saccharin', 'Sucralose and acesulfame potassium' can be very healthy.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sushi549 wrote: »
    However, if the goal is be healthy, then I can't imagine consuming anything with ingredients like 'Aspartame', 'Cyclamates', 'Saccharin', 'Sucralose and acesulfame potassium' can be very healthy.

How about dihydrogen monoxide, or Branched Chain Amino Acids??? ;)

(Not butting heads, just pointing out that *everything* has a chemical name. That's not an argument for health/safety)