Work at Home 50 year old

Options
Should I be discouraged that I am going to the gym and only losing 3 pounds per month?

Replies

• Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd be thrilled to be losing 3 lbs a month!! I look at it this way; I didn't gain all this extra weight in a short amount of time so I don't expect to lose it all in a short amount of time. As the old saying goes....."slow and steady wins the race!" Baby steps, small changes, replace old (not-so-healthy) habits with new (healthy) habits, move more, etc.
    All the best to you! :D
  • harveyj_88
    harveyj_88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your going in the right direction so well done, depending on your stats you could maybe lose more, I'm sure if you posted up your diet plan etc in the general diet and weight loss section, someone could give you some advice on maybe lose a couple of lb extra.

As above it took more than a day to gain it and it will take more than a day to lose it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Should I be discouraged that I am going to the gym and only losing 3 pounds per month?

Depends.......

If you are close to goal....1/2 pound a week is good progress.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Slow weight loss is more likely something you can keep off long term. Drastic plans make it too easy to regain.

Besides, the scale is just one number. Have you lost inches? Losing inches is great progress.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Three isn't bad -- especially if you are close to your goal. Might just need to tweak your nutrition plan at bit.