Addicted to peanuts

Options
2»

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    I just can't stop. I started buying them a few weeks ago as a healthy protein jumpstart snack and I've gone crazy with them. Peanuts are high in calorie and fat. I'm always on the go so they're easy to bring along. When I eat them, I become energized and my body goes crazy! It's the most satisfying thing I eat. Am I really that fat and protein depleted??? When I feel week, they make me feel strong. I have to stop though because the calories are way to high. I'm at the bottom so they'll be gone tomorrow and I decided that I won't buy them anymore. But why am I going crazy over them? Has anyone else experienced this??? It's not hunger I'm feeling- it's like a nutritional need.

You might want to try All Natural Skippy Peanut butter with honey, and toss the bag of peanuts. Peanuts are definitely satisfying they clear up the hunger pangs, but too much is going to pack on the weight.

I will do a tablespoon or two out of the jar of Peanut butter, and that keeps me going and has the exact same effect as what you described.

Peanut butter out of the jar is the "fit girls" ice cream out of the pint.

You realize there are more calories in a spoonful of peanut butter than a spoonful of ice cream right?

I mean, I can dip a spoon into PB and come out with 180 calories worth of deliciousness......or I can have a whole bowl of Edy's Slow Churned for that.

This really isn't great advice.

OP - instead, try weighing and measuring your peanuts and portion them out into daily servings.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    I just can't stop. I started buying them a few weeks ago as a healthy protein jumpstart snack and I've gone crazy with them. Peanuts are high in calorie and fat. I'm always on the go so they're easy to bring along. When I eat them, I become energized and my body goes crazy! It's the most satisfying thing I eat. Am I really that fat and protein depleted??? When I feel week, they make me feel strong. I have to stop though because the calories are way to high. I'm at the bottom so they'll be gone tomorrow and I decided that I won't buy them anymore. But why am I going crazy over them? Has anyone else experienced this??? It's not hunger I'm feeling- it's like a nutritional need.

You might want to try All Natural Skippy Peanut butter with honey, and toss the bag of peanuts. Peanuts are definitely satisfying they clear up the hunger pangs, but too much is going to pack on the weight.

I will do a tablespoon or two out of the jar of Peanut butter, and that keeps me going and has the exact same effect as what you described.

You realize there are more calories in a spoonful of peanut butter than a spoonful of ice cream right?

I mean, I can dip a spoon into PB and come out with 180 calories worth of deliciousness......or I can have a whole bowl of Edy's Slow Churned for that.

This really isn't great advice.

OP - instead, try weighing and measuring your peanuts and portion them out into daily servings.

Also, this fit girl's ice cream is ice cream. :laugh:
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love peanuts, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc. etc..........I am doomed
  • erinb419
    Options
    I love almonds and pistachios
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like selling your mom's jewelry for peanuts? Or perhaps giving handies in back alleys for peanuts? If so, then you definitely have a problem.
  • kamurray6
    kamurray6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love peanuts, especially the chili peanuts. I can't have them around me. They are like sugar - I'll eat every last one until they are gone. I tried rationalizing that they are a healthy snack, but was eating way too many and not losing any weight.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    This is enlightening. I was never a fan of peanuts/peanut butter b4 losing weight. Now, I crave them. I always have dry roasted peanuts in the house now and have 1/4 cup of them every day. I have often wondered why I crave them now, and never before.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If I buy a bag of mixed unsalted nuts and raisins, I can guarantee it will be gone within an hour. Lost count of the times I have downed a good 1200 calories in a go.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    If I buy a bag of mixed unsalted nuts and raisins, I can guarantee it will be gone within an hour. Lost count of the times I have downed a good 1200 calories in a go.

Are you low on fat?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am also addicted to nuts & peanut butter!!! Like myself we need to keep this in moderation, I can so easily get carried away with peanut butter more than normal nuts. They are so yummy that's why!!!!

I am just going to try and keep an 'eye' on how much goes into my mouth.

Maybe just take a handful at a time, or portion out an amount and try not to eat over this. Otherwise like myself - I could easily eat a packet of nuts - or a tub of peanut butter if I am left a lot - YIKES!!! :blush:
  • bnmoyler
    bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is enlightening. I was never a fan of peanuts/peanut butter b4 losing weight. Now, I crave them. I always have dry roasted peanuts in the house now and have 1/4 cup of them every day. I have often wondered why I crave them now, and never before.

This is interesting. I've never been a fan of peanuts( or any other nut) prior to working out and losing weight either. In fact, I was kind of disgusted by them.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    The salt is why I go after nuts I am sure.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Wut?
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The only way I can control myself with nuts is to measure out a 1/4 cup and then quickly put the rest away for the rest of the day. Another alternative is to buy those 100 calorie packs of nuts and limit yourself to one a day.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    peanuts are good for you full of good fat

29509743.png
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Teddie all natural peanut butter all the way. Ingredients are: peanuts, oil, salt.

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Bought some chocolate whipped PB lastnight... my urge won.... and it's about half empty, lol. I guess it will just fuel my squat / deadlift session tomorrow.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are good. Peanuts and dried fruits are fantastic and as good as any candy, IMO.