5k during finals: I can do it!

Options
Hello all. I've been here about a week and finally decided to introduce myself.

I am a college student with a busy life and I want to be healthy! I lost around 15 lbs. 2 years ago, and have been yo-yo dieting to keep the weight off when I see it start to come back. I want to quit this bad habit (along with others: snacking, bad portion control, checking scale too often) and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Also, I am running my first race this year (5k next week!) and really want to start running more. I am considering training for a half marathon later this year. I'd love to be a physically fit runner and compete in more races.

It'd be great to meet some people with similar goals, but I'm open to any new friends!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You can do it, no sweat! (well, if you do it right, you'll sweat, but you know.. LOL) I am running my first 5K this weekend. I am excited. I just began running with C25K six months ago and now I'm training for a half marathon. If I can do it, anyone can!
  • samiesunshine98
    Options
    Fleet Feet offers free running groups during the week and on the weekends. I was thinking about joining one after the semester ends. In my area they run 3-5 miles Tuesday and Wednesday. Good Luck!

http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/store-locations
  • helvetikat
    Options
    Thanks for the link and support!

I've actually recently heard of Fleet Feet and am planning on attending an MIT info session in a couple weeks.