anybody done weight watchers?

Options
For people who have done weight watchers...does it set up plan similar to MFP that tells you how many calories you should be consuming? I love MFP but it's not specific to the individual and it does not take into account how much muscle you have....

Does anyone know of any other tools that could specify how many calories I really should be eating for weight loss??

Replies

• deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    it's kinda like it. Just eat food item has a point system. You have to count it a certian way. They have changed WW since I done it so really I'm not sure what they are doin now. But yes it's pretty close.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is not that specific either and does not take into consideration how much muscle you have. I did it off and on for 3 years it is much harder to stick with than here. Plus you do not get calories you get "Points" and it is a pain to figure out the point value of everything you are eating.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers used to do points based on calories, fat and fiber content of foods. Since they have moved to the Points Plus system, things that previously were low points (fruit and veggies) are zero points but anything that comes out of a box or is processed is double points. For example one serving of reduced fat wheat thins used to be 4 points but now they are 8. But, you can eat any fruit or veggie (including corn) for free.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    for their points, they take into consideration carbs, fiber and protein, but not calories...I just quit doing that program, I like this MUCH better!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    This is much better, easier, and motivating to me:) But as always it is up to you and what works best for YOU! Good luck!
  • mrs_mouse
    mrs_mouse Posts: 24
    Options
    I also just switched from WW. It is very similar to here, but more complicated to work out points for everything (vs just calories), and if anything is LESS specifically geared to your body type and activity level than here.

I like how with MFP you can create custom goals and daily targets based on advice from doctor/nutritionist/trainer/whoever. WW just has one formula for figuring out how many points you get, based on your BMI, which we all know can be far from accurate!

I found with WW I was paying for what I can get here for free... seemed silly!
  • dewilliams3
    Options
    I was doing ww point plus and didn't lose any weight, was just maintaining. I started using MFP and I have lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks. Much more success here than there and easier to follow. The points plus is hard to use since you have to use their calculator and don't have the option of the pocket slider. They figure calories (points) the same as MFP does, by age and weight.