New here, in need of a GOOD low cal Protein smoothie recipe

Options
fatboy26105
fatboy26105 Posts: 12 Member
Hello, I am really trying to lose weight but I need some kind of recovery drink because I am really sore from working out. If you have any good Protein smoothie recipes I would be most gracious.

Replies

• youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    How low-cal?
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in that recipe.
  • fatboy26105
    Options
    Just not some outrageous number. Any recipes are appreciated. Thanks for responding.
  • amariegu
    amariegu Posts: 2
    Options
    Whey protein, unsweetened original almond milk, 0% greek yogurt and some frozen fruit or ice. Cherries are great for recovery. Full of antioxidants. If you are looking for more flavors but low calories, you can try extract, they have banana, coconut, run, vanilla...

Hope that helps!
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I really like Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Shakes. Chocolate, Vanilla, Berry, Banana. They are about 100-115 calories per scoop, plus 22-25g. protein. The Elite version also doesn't have any artificial sweeteners. Cheapest I've seen is netrition.com. Also, you can add PB2 powdered peanut butter (also cheapest on netrition.com). It's way less fat/calories than regular peanut butter.
  • Kathy11174
    Options
    I use tofu (1/5th of package) 1 cup of mixed berries, 1 cup of skim milk, and a serving of whey protein or slim fast powder. If I dont have any tofu I use a nonfat plain yogurt in its place.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like to make weird protein shakes to pretend I get to eat dessert. Here's one of my favorites:

vanilla flavor (or I actually found a low carb graham cracker flavor ) protein powder
    canned organic pumpkin
    pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
    stevia (or low cal or low-glycemic sweetener of your choice)
    ginger (optional)
    milk of your choice (I've used that carton of no-sugar added Coconut Milk, I've used Raw Milk, you could use skim, if you're low carb you use water plus a bit of heavy cream)

I pretend it's pumpkin pie, or I make this in the fall when I really want a Starbucks Pumpkin Pie Latte, and I'll add coffee to it. (The Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes have a bazillion grams of sugar in them so I won't drink them)

If I want something sweet I always try to figure out how to make a protein shake that sort of answers that craving. You can get really creative with them. Just don't add too much of anything that is really high in sugar.
  • mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went to GNC and got me a lean protein mix. It is called Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. It comes in a variety of flavors. I use vanilla and then add frozen fruit of any type and 12 ounces of water. I blend it up and put it in the refrigerator before my workout so it will be nice and cold when I get done. I hope this helps. Oh the calorie count for this is 280. I hope this works for you. :smile: Good luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    This is what I make and it's delicious....
    1/2 frozen banana (I freeze my bananas but you can add fresh)
    1 cup unsweetened
    1 cup of Frozen berries ( I like rasberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries- Walmart sells this mix in one bag)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
    Add all ingredients into a blender and enjoy:) For added protein, you can substitute soy milk instead. It's about 160 calories before the protein powder and tastes like a milkshake.
  • Jmartinturner
    Jmartinturner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Use the Myoplex protien shake powder, add some frozen strawberries and skim milk (more protien) or use water, and drink up! It's actually pretty good, not too protien-ey tasting. The french vanilla will compliment any berry. If you need it sweeter, use spenda or truvia...they are from plants not chemicals.
  • fatboy26105
    Options
    I like to make weird protein shakes to pretend I get to eat dessert. Here's one of my favorites:

vanilla flavor (or I actually found a low carb graham cracker flavor ) protein powder
    canned organic pumpkin
    pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
    stevia (or low cal or low-glycemic sweetener of your choice)
    ginger (optional)
    milk of your choice (I've used that carton of no-sugar added Coconut Milk, I've used Raw Milk, you could use skim, if you're low carb you use water plus a bit of heavy cream)

I pretend it's pumpkin pie, or I make this in the fall when I really want a Starbucks Pumpkin Pie Latte, and I'll add coffee to it. (The Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes have a bazillion grams of sugar in them so I won't drink them)

If I want something sweet I always try to figure out how to make a protein shake that sort of answers that craving. You can get really creative with them. Just don't add too much of anything that is really high in sugar.

That sounds freakin Awesome!!!! any idea how many calories in this one?
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went to GNC and got me a lean protein mix. It is called Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. It comes in a variety of flavors. I use vanilla and then add frozen fruit of any type and 12 ounces of water. I blend it up and put it in the refrigerator before my workout so it will be nice and cold when I get done. I hope this helps. Oh the calorie count for this is 280. I hope this works for you. :smile: Good luck!

I use this in the chocolate flavor and mix it with 3/4 c of soy or almond milke. I drink it right after my workout. I only use one scoop and it is amazing in helping recovery. Highly recommended.