New here and ready to begin my journey

Options
Hello there,
My name is Pamuya, or Pamu for short. I am 20 years old and weigh 250ish pounds. I recently began to realize that I am in dire need of losing weight. I went to go see a new doctor and during the "interview" she asked routine questions, which my answers made me feel very disappointed in myself. I am not an active person at all and I eat whatever is in front of me. I've almost always been self conscious about how I look but now I've gotten to the point that I don't want to leave the house and go out into the public with my family. My mother and brother are both skinny people and I'm jumbo sized. I want to start putting an effort into losing some weight but I'm just to shy to ask for help. I'm hoping that someone will be willing to help me out. Give me some tips on what I should start doing. Please and thank you.

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Pamu -- happy to help. You can certainly do this. Add me if you'd like.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your profile -- I'm from Michigan too! :smiley:
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Pamu. You've already completed your first step, congratulations! Follow up with logging every single thing you eat, no matter what it is. Sometimes that is enough to make you realize what is happening. Start being more active, maybe a walk once or twice a day if weather permits. :) Feel free to add me if you like, I try to log in every day!
  • HaiCas
    HaiCas Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm about 250 too and I want to lose more than a hundred pounds! You can add me if you like and we can be in this together!!