Getting it together...?

Options
I'm very glad about this site because it is so nice to conciously keep watch over my food intake. The truth is though, I'm struggling! I need to start healthier practices BEFORE I turn 30 and I intend to...but I gotta stay AWAY from cookies (good job so far) and all replacements for cookies and tasty desserts (salted caramel mocha lattes etc.)

Any advice to help those with busy schedules such as myself???

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Patience. That is the key. Don't go cold turkey on all the things you love. Start a general replacing of things.

If you have a daily salted caramel mocha (mmmmmm can't blame you), then instead decide that it will be a mid week treat for logging consistently. One, instead of seven.

If you love cookies, and have the self control, then buy a bag and put half in a ziplock somewhere out of sight. Allow yourself one a day as a snack.

You don't have to stop all things yummy - it's about learning how to shift your habits... and if you go slower, you may find it more sustainable.

Just a thought.
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try not to overwhelm yourself with too much stuff. That is number one. Number two. Keep in mind the average healthy and active person will eat 3 to 5 pounds of food a day. I eat 4 and a half plus the weight from fluids comes out to about 9 or 10 pounds. PEOPLE EAT FOOD NOT CALORIES. Find the amount of food you eat to attain satiety and keep the calories low enough to barely keep you in a deficit and exercise.