Need to lose 30lbs.

Options
shib26
shib26 Posts: 15 Member
edited October 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello ,
I need to lose 30lbs in 4 months. I currently weigh 169lbs and height is 5 f 4 inch.i am not really sure if this a realistic goal but i want to give this my best shot.. I have been wanting to do this for some time now. But every time i start i lose motivation . I hope to stick to my plan this time. I have decided to start insanity and the do some regular workouts as wel and eat 1200 cals.
pls join me if your interested. This will help me stay motivated and achieve goals.

Thank u in advance.

Replies

• jvalentin21
    jvalentin21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy,

I am trying to lower my body fat % and I assume I will be losing around 30# as well to reach my goal. I have been doing a body-weight exercise program called Convict Conditioning and I just received a hand me down bicycle to start cycling to the grocery store. I am 5'7'' 177lbs at the moment. I started at 181lbs so I am doing great but I have had a few honey buns here and there.

I would not say your goal or mine is not realistic but I do think they will be hard to reach. Your goal means you will be losing 1.8lbs per week but I think you can do it. I do not have a time limit on my goal I just want to be healthier than I am now.

I am not a professional but from my research I gather that one should eat as many grams of protein per day as their ideal weight. This helps to avoid losing a lot of muscle along with fat when you are in a calorie deficit. If anyone more knowledgeable comes along maybe they will refute that and I will stand corrected.

I found that waiting until I am really hungry to eat my breakfast helps me get to the end of the day easier. I do not know if that is healthy though.

Good luck!
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    it is totally a realistic goal,i am 5'4 too and went from 179lbs to 129lbs.
    If i did it you'll do it too. I support you
  • shib26
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    it is totally a realistic goal,i am 5'4 too and went from 179lbs to 129lbs.
    If i did it you'll do it too. I support you
    Thank u for replying :) . What did you eat and what exercise routines did u follow to achieve your goal weight. This would be really helpful.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There was a lot of eating habits that i changed and actually no exercise was involved.
    Here is a post i made while ago on tumblr,maybe it helps :)

http://cottonmadness.tumblr.com/post/84346122171/my-personal-previous-eating-habits-and-what-i-have
  • shib26
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    There was a lot of eating habits that i changed and actually no exercise was involved.
    Here is a post i made while ago on tumblr,maybe it helps :)

http://cottonmadness.tumblr.com/post/84346122171/my-personal-previous-eating-habits-and-what-i-have
    thank you :)

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Very little exercise here as well. Just a complete makeover on portion sizes/weighing/measuring,everything. Took me 6 months to lose 13 lbs.
    But with exercise and watching everything you eat I'll bet you you will get very close to your goal.
    I am 5'7 and very close to goal...so it gets more difficult at that point.
    You can do this ! Good luck.
  • shib26
    Options
    pita7317 wrote: »
    Very little exercise here as well. Just a complete makeover on portion sizes/weighing/measuring,everything. Took me 6 months to lose 13 lbs.
    But with exercise and watching everything you eat I'll bet you you will get very close to your goal.
    I am 5'7 and very close to goal...so it gets more difficult at that point.
    You can do this ! Good luck.
    Thanks. I really hope by end of feb i can achieve this :).
  • shib26
    Options
    Howdy,

I am trying to lower my body fat % and I assume I will be losing around 30# as well to reach my goal. I have been doing a body-weight exercise program called Convict Conditioning and I just received a hand me down bicycle to start cycling to the grocery store. I am 5'7'' 177lbs at the moment. I started at 181lbs so I am doing great but I have had a few honey buns here and there.

I would not say your goal or mine is not realistic but I do think they will be hard to reach. Your goal means you will be losing 1.8lbs per week but I think you can do it. I do not have a time limit on my goal I just want to be healthier than I am now.

I am not a professional but from my research I gather that one should eat as many grams of protein per day as their ideal weight. This helps to avoid losing a lot of muscle along with fat when you are in a calorie deficit. If anyone more knowledgeable comes along maybe they will refute that and I will stand corrected.

I found that waiting until I am really hungry to eat my breakfast helps me get to the end of the day easier. I do not know if that is healthy though.

Good luck!

Thank u for ur support. :).
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm in the same boat. I have been very inactive and eating very poorly and need to make a change! I am 5'3" currently weigh 160lbs and looking to loss 35lbs. I really need some motivate and support to help keep me on track.
  • shib26
    Options
    lklein wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in the same boat. I have been very inactive and eating very poorly and need to make a change! I am 5'3" currently weigh 160lbs and looking to loss 35lbs. I really need some motivate and support to help keep me on track.

Hey..count me in. I just started today. Lets do it !! :)