Injuried Again

Options
How do you all stay motivated when injuries hit?

I lost 35 lbs since April creating a base for Triathlon next year. Then September I strain my groin, killing running and biking for over a month. I keep swimming and add weight training doing SL 5x5 (it was getting time to do some lifting anyway). Groin is just starting to feel better and now my back starts to hurt. Probably from lifting most likely, but seriously it's a 60 lb deadlift, is my back THAT weak! I mean come on what's the point of acting goofy squatting on 50 lbs (45 of which is the bar) if I still get hurt.

I see the chriopractor today but I'm so frustrated. I want to GO! not sit here. With the training I have trouble keeping focus on eating and I'm so afraid it's all going downhill. Scale has stopped moving and measurements are steady. This sucks. All I want is to dive into some greasy burgers and crunchy fries and everything else terrible. So frustrated. So not to carry this rant on much longer, love to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Weightloss is mostly diet, so you have to adjust from there until your activity level is back to normal.

Once healed you should consider hiring a trainer for a few sessions to make sure you're not lifting incorrectly without realizing it.
  • harveyj_88
    harveyj_88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain here I broke my wrist and face upto 12 weeks in a cast so I've cut my calories to lose weight in the mean time
    I don't even wanna do cardio as I don't want my cast stinking for weeks so I stuck with just ab and squat workouts
  • machinistgoalie
    Options
    Going through this same thing right now due to ankle injury. I find it's harder to diet and painful to exercise, which drives the desire and motivation to keep up with them, down.

I've managed to get through most of it, and expect to be skating again next week. I don't have much insight into the original point of this post, except to say, I tried to curtail the calorie intake as much as possible. But being depressed because I couldn't work out and/or skate took it's toll.

Look long term, and realize it's ok to slack back only because you may physically be unable to keep up your usual pace. Also focus on getting better and back to form, and be cognizant and thankful it wasn't worse. I know, not all that helpful! heh