anyone have any good low cal ground beef recipes?

remaho80
remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
edited September 26 in Recipes
I plan on buying ground turkey after this gb is gone, but I still have a few lbs of it to use up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Don't know if you've ever been on eatingwell.com but its one of my favorite recipe sites.. They always have a ton of recipes for favorites but redone in a healthy way.. There are plenty of healthy ground beef recipes on there from tacos, to casseroles and more..
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    How about ground turkey chili?
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/mexican-beef--and-bean-stuffed-peppers/9efe69c7-b461-45cb-b685-763daab58811?sr=2&st=7#/?term=Mexican+Beef-+and+Bean-Stuffed+Peppers&pi=1&mr=20

I just made these tonight... they are pretty good! I made a couple changes, turned out my calories per serving were 133! One of them filled me up!
  • gb tacos is always good.
    wheat tortillas, veggie stir fry, with laughing cow cheese spread on the tortilla instead of shredded cheese, spinach instead of lettuce :)
  • I would cook it up with a low sodium taco pack and then lay it over some lettuce and make a taco salad. Add tomatoes, chives, fat free sour cream and some salsa!! YUM

By not adding cheese you will limit the cals and fat since the beef already has enough. You can also add some peppers if you like them or olives;)
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Go ahead and buy the ground turkey and mix it with the beef. I do this all the time because we raise beef cows, so we always have tons of ground beef on hand. It is very lean, but I get sick of it so I mis sausage or turkey in with it for a different flavor. It will also help with the calories and fat if it is a higher fat ground beef! Good luck.
    eatingwell.com is also a great website for recipes, love all the ones I have tried from there.
  • hi there.. you definitely can do it.. last year august 2010 I weigh as much as 343 lbs, and today as I write you this message I'm down to 152 lbs.. so if I did it, i definitely know you can to... go go go... God bless! have a nice day =)
This discussion has been closed.