Simeon Support Group - Progress, Update, Support for HCGers

Options
A new thread, a new place for all of my MFP HCG friends to come and post - celebrate successes, bemoan/commiserate the bad days, and just support each other in general. Hopefully no judgements here, though I'm sure initially there will be a bunch of negative posts.

C'mon people, just let us have our place to communicate with others doing the same diet plan without a ton of adversity. We are all adults here, we have researched this method, and we don't need any dissertations on why you think it's bad for us. You have your opinion/method, and we have ours.

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A new thread, a new place for all of my MFP HCG friends to come and post - celebrate successes, bemoan/commiserate the bad days, and just support each other in general. Hopefully no judgements here, though I'm sure initially there will be a bunch of negative posts.

C'mon people, just let us have our place to communicate with others doing the same diet plan without a ton of adversity. We are all adults here, we have researched this method, and we don't need any dissertations on why you think it's bad for us. You have your opinion/method, and we have ours.

Well said!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Well said!

I agree!! Just sad that we have to be bombarded with negativity for our choices. Thanks for the new thread!!
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What happened to our old "happy' place ??

Thanks for hooking me up with the new link Stacie!!!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What happened to our old "happy' place ??

Thanks for hooking me up with the new link Stacie!!!

I was just wondering that. I tried to comment on "Jill"'s negativity, and it said it was locked. :(
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    Just saw Stacie's post her wall that our old thread may be reinstated/unlocked - if so, we won't need this one. I haven't had a chance to get the word out to everyone anyway! Pass the word anyway, just in case.....
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Yippppeeee for the new thread. I actually had "tude"

I sent a message to one of the moderators, maybe I'll get a response.

Thanks for the new thread and well said Lady!!
  • aubraann03
    Options
    Just marking the new thread! Thanks for letting me know!
  • LdyGeko
    Options
    Our old thread is unlocked again, and all the negative stuff has been removed - YAY! So guess we won't need this one anymore!
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Yes thank you for sending me the link... I turned off MFP for 5 minutes and drama, drama, drama.. :bigsmile: Guess I wont do that again. ha ha ha... Anyways, saving my place with you guys. its funny I am all over the message boards reading stuff but this group of people is TIGHT! About everything from encouraging and just being open and honest! Thants why I love you guys! Thank you for that!

I am an HCG graduate, started in June 2010 at 182 ended in Nov. 2010 at 134, maintaining and working to my last goals current weight 124. It does work and dont let anyone tell you different!!!
  • garnetchic0113
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am so sorry that I havent been on here in awhile. I feel bad, but CONGRATS on everyone's weight loss!!! I need to explain myself to you all as I know you are my motivation for this diet! My 4 year old son Kaiden had been diagnosed with Craniosyntosis. So we have been going to Iowa City Childrens Hospital to get this all taken care of. I have found out that he goes May 5th to be sedated and have a MRI of his brain done and then at 1pm he will have a meeting to see the Pediatric neuro surgeon for our consult for surgery.

I have been up and down on this diet, I am still loosing but not as fast as I want, I have a feeling it has everything to do with me not getting any sleep. I have been up with my son having headaches and then I can't sleep because im to worried about him. So that has a lot to with it all I have a feeling.

Sorry again for not being here to support you all! <3 to all!
  • mom2my3angels
    mom2my3angels Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know...
  • vbogey
    vbogey Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am so sorry that I havent been on here in awhile. I feel bad, but CONGRATS on everyone's weight loss!!! I need to explain myself to you all as I know you are my motivation for this diet! My 4 year old son Kaiden had been diagnosed with Craniosyntosis. So we have been going to Iowa City Childrens Hospital to get this all taken care of. I have found out that he goes May 5th to be sedated and have a MRI of his brain done and then at 1pm he will have a meeting to see the Pediatric neuro surgeon for our consult for surgery.

I have been up and down on this diet, I am still loosing but not as fast as I want, I have a feeling it has everything to do with me not getting any sleep. I have been up with my son having headaches and then I can't sleep because im to worried about him. So that has a lot to with it all I have a feeling.

We'll keep your and your family in our prayers. Good luck with the MRI, hope all goes well.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • LdyGeko
    Options
    Hey, HCGers! Our original thread has been unlocked, so if you want to continue posting over there, feel free! I'll keep monitoring here to direct any stragglers back over there.....
  • deb1ray
    deb1ray Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So are wqe using this one? Or back to the old one???
  • KarenB4G
    KarenB4G Posts: 252
    Options
    Goodnight everybody and good luck with the WI in the AM.
  • LdyGeko
    Options
    Back to the old one, Deb!
    So are wqe using this one? Or back to the old one???
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm starting on Friday. So Excited, doing the 40 day injections. I don't know why but I'm sorta nervous. Weird. But I hope I do better this round than I did the first round.
  • ttaylor626
    ttaylor626 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to the support group. I am on R1P2VLCD17

I am 133.0 lbs. I have lost a total of 11.6 lbs since my last load day.

So, I can't complain too much. I lost .2lbs yesterday, but today the scale was the same. So, I guess that's better than gaining :).

I hope I see the scale go down tomorrow. Not sure why it didn't budge from yesterday.
    The only thing I can think of, is the past 3 days I have been eating the same protein and it's been 97/3 lean ground beef. I usually eat chicken and/or shrimp. Tonight I am making chicken, so hopefully that will make a difference.

Do any of you eat the same protein for lunch and dinner (ie. chicken) or do you have say chicken for lunch and fish or red meat for dinner? I wonder if that would make a difference.

I certainly wouldn't mind have two different proteins, b/c chicken was getting monotonous. That's why I made an HCG approved recipe for meatloaf (which I have to say was pretty yummy, and I normally don't like meatloaf).

Please share your thoughts, opinions, advice, etc...

Best of Luck!
  • LdyGeko
    Options
    Hi, ttaylor! Our original thread was back to being unlocked yesterday afternoon, so most people are posting there. You can find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/222477-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a

I think the original protocol says to eat a different protein at dinner than what you had for lunch. I didn't really do that my last two rounds, but I have been doing that this round - and am down over 10 pounds in 11 days. It seems to be working for me! I'm jealous that you can eat shrimp and still lose - whenever I eat shrimp, my losses slow or stall. You might consider changing up your protein at dinner and just see what happens - certainly can't hurt!

As for the beef - some people stall on it. I'm one of the lucky ones who can keep eating beef and still lose. So I guess we're even - you get shrimp and I get beef, LOL! Anyway, come on over to the other thread if you want - or keep posting here, whatever your lil ol' heart desires! I'll be responding to both threads.....
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to the support group. I am on R1P2VLCD17

I am 133.0 lbs. I have lost a total of 11.6 lbs since my last load day.

So, I can't complain too much. I lost .2lbs yesterday, but today the scale was the same. So, I guess that's better than gaining :).

I hope I see the scale go down tomorrow. Not sure why it didn't budge from yesterday.
    The only thing I can think of, is the past 3 days I have been eating the same protein and it's been 97/3 lean ground beef. I usually eat chicken and/or shrimp. Tonight I am making chicken, so hopefully that will make a difference.

Do any of you eat the same protein for lunch and dinner (ie. chicken) or do you have say chicken for lunch and fish or red meat for dinner? I wonder if that would make a difference.

I certainly wouldn't mind have two different proteins, b/c chicken was getting monotonous. That's why I made an HCG approved recipe for meatloaf (which I have to say was pretty yummy, and I normally don't like meatloaf).

Please share your thoughts, opinions, advice, etc...

Best of Luck!