Name some nut butters that are high in protein

Options
I feel like peanut butter has too much bad fat in it. are there good subs with more protein?

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Nut butters in general are high in fat, but they are healthy fats. However, the brand Nuts n'More might be what you are looking for:

http://www.nuts-n-more.com/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Naturally More Peanut Butter is higher protein. It's got egg white (and flax seed) in it. A pain to use though....you have to refrigerate it & it gets really stiff. I see this at Wal-Mart.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about the protein to calorie ratio, I don't think there are any nut butters that really shine in that area.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a good source of fat - not protein.
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is the leftovers after making peanut oil. They then add sugar to inhance the flavor. If you want a good quality nut butter it should be made from raw nuts. Ingredients only nuts. When you consume a healthy fat sorce like we see in nuts, our body knows what to do with it. Roasted nuts are actually rancid from the roasting process. Our body sees that as a foreign object and stores as fat. You want heaven? Try macadamia butter!! <3 yummo!!!!
  • AyanaJolie
    AyanaJolie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Almond Butter. Its amazing. Some groceries allow you to make your own nut butter.
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sunflower Seed Butter
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Just add bacon......kinda a no brainer.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I tried Nuts n More and thought it was disgusting. Anyone can mix protein powder with nut butter, too. Why not just eat or drink something with protein with your nuts or nut butter instead?

Generally plant fats aren't considered the 'bad fats'. I recently read of a study that found people who ate nuts daily tended to weigh less than those who don't.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I feel like peanut butter has too much bad fat in it. are there good subs with more protein?

I have never heard that the fat in peanut butter (natural peanut butter with no added hydrogenated fat) is bad. I have heard that it is a "good" fat and there are several studies showing it is helpful in reducing heart disease.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters are naturally high in fats...more mono/polyunsaturated but some saturated...cashew butter is delicious-one of my favorites. I believe almond butter is a little lower in saturated fat.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    The best nut butters are homemade. Get a bag of your favorite nuts. Start smashing them by hand. It will be thick at first but eventually you will get the creamy nut butter you are looking for. High in protein and negative calories if you count the effort it take to make it. Enjoy.