uuhhhh....new food ideas please- clean/paleo diet

Options
I have been trying to eat "clean"/ paleo diet for a while, initially starting out with south beach, it wasn't too hard to transition. I can honestly say..NOTHING sounds good to me anymore. I normally eat greek yogurt, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, chicken, steak, pork, eggs, all kinds of nuts. But nothing is sounding good anymore. I just don't know what to eat anymore. If anyone has a suggestion for this clean/paleo lifestyle I would greatly appreciate it, today I turned into "since nothing sounds good, I will eat what I want" lady. Please help!!

Replies

• stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you tried Tosca Reno' s line of books. "Eat Clean Diet" ?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    wish I could help, but if nothing sounds good--how in the world are you going to eat?
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I will look into the book, thank you, maybe the problem is I need to find new ways to cook the food!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to experiment more with herbs & spices.
  • jvfletcher
    jvfletcher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try whole grain rotini with a little feta and cooked frozen vegies..served mixed together and warm. Add a little parmesan cheese and garlic for some extra flavor. Love this..so yummy!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use The Gracious Pantry web site, she has alot of great clean recipies. I also like Tosca and Eat Clean magazine, which you can get a subscrition to. Also if you have a fb page they all have one. Oh and a great fb page is recipies for gals in bodybuilding. Hope this helps, I try to eat clean also but it does get hard sometimes!! I've been slacking lately!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Try Jonny Bowden's "150 Healthiest Meals on Earth" for a very healthy bunch of recipes & an interesting read. Good luck!:smile:
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat "clean"/ paleo diet for a while, initially starting out with south beach, it wasn't too hard to transition. I can honestly say..NOTHING sounds good to me anymore. I normally eat greek yogurt, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, chicken, steak, pork, eggs, all kinds of nuts. But nothing is sounding good anymore. I just don't know what to eat anymore. If anyone has a suggestion for this clean/paleo lifestyle I would greatly appreciate it, today I turned into "since nothing sounds good, I will eat what I want" lady. Please help!!

Hey fellow Paleo dieter!!

i've noticed a lil almond butter with some unsweetened coco powder mixed in on some diced fruits or even in a smoothie with a bunch of frozen fruits is fun, honestly not sure hwat you dig, what meal your looking for, there is also a Paleo/Primal challenge board (search No Grain No pain) and also i rec. friending some Paleo nutritionists on FB like Balanced Bites she always has posts of her foods and snacks and even as a privte chef, i still get new ideas from her! good luck!